Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UK West Sussex rc jets??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UK West Sussex rc jets??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:42 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default UK West Sussex rc jets??

Hello Guys!

..im visiting west sussex soon and it would be nice to know if there are any jet modelers fly there toys over there?

Thanx in advance for any info[8D]

Old 08-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: UK West Sussex rc jets??

Hi George

There used to be a few guys that's used Shoreham airport in the evenings to fly jets. There's the Hastings club that may have a few turbine guys in it although it's a bit of a treck from Worthing. Try visiting Sussex Model Center and asking there. It's a great little model shop and one which I went to when I was a kid.

Let me know when your in the UK as there might be a jet meet on somewhere, your welcome to have a go with my models.

HTH

Cheers, Alex
Old 08-17-2010, 03:05 AM
DelGatoGrande

Hey Alex!

Ill be around from 28 until 4...not many days and not much of a free time

this time i will pay a visit to sussex model center to meet the guys for sure!

...Shoreham airport is a dream place if they are alow to fly rc jets there...and very close to where i stay!

..the times i was there i noticed lots of trafic (tigermoths AT6 extras take off and land all day long 7 days a week!) and dont know if rc jets can fit in there air space...

what got me sad is that my friend let me know they have an airshow few days before i arive[:@]

red arrows harriers spifire dogfights
and fake bombing the airport with fireworks that ill miss http://www.shorehamairshow.com/

anyway thank you for your offer and the info my friend!

you take care mate![8D][sm=thumbup.gif]

Old 08-17-2010, 03:40 AM
S E Repton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can find a spare day, the British National Championships are on during that weekend.

Well worth a visit.

Sheridan
Old 08-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Alex48

No worries George

My experience with flying models at the airport is over a decade old but the guys at SMC will be able to help.

I agree about the nationals if you can spare a day.

Cheers, Alex
Old 08-17-2010, 03:56 AM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sussex radio flying club has an arrangement to alllow model flying at shoreham airport. But, its only allowed with Tower's permission and after 8pm in the evening or on Christmas day when the airport is otherwise closed.
Oh and its been decided Jets aren't allowed.
Ive made my thoughts on that clear before.
The club in question has a 60x60m grass strip. Only really suitable for Savex L39, boomerangs etc. You have to have a B cert to fly, and approval from the committee. You could always ask the question though from their website. But there's only one other regular jet flyer there.

We used to fly at Dunsfold but weve had interference issues there, even on 2.4, so arent really brave enough.

Theres a group of us from West Sussex who to fly Jets make an hundred mile drive each way up to Wroughton. Fabulous site with open space and a tarmac runway. It takes a couple of hours both ways.

That probably says more about the possibility of jet flying in sussex more than anything else.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Alex48

Hope I don't have to move back to Sussex then........Forget how lucky I am in the land of disused airfields
Old 08-17-2010, 04:34 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are welcome to come over to Kent and fly my Sprint or Rookie at our Club, we have the most awful surface, (being attended too) but the most unrestricted site you can get, no trees, no buildings just uniterupted flat pasture, PM me if you are interested.

Mike
Old 08-17-2010, 05:11 AM
DelGatoGrande

Mike thats very nice from you!
Thank you for the invitation mate!
and Kent sounds close!..ill google it!

....guys i get no pleasure but only stress fly other people planes ...so dont get me wrong ill pass the offers [8D]
..lets say i prefer to crash only mine for now lol
.truth is i dont miss that much flying...i have got sick of it cause over here in Greece my airport is 10 min away from home[:'(]
what i look for is when i endup with loads of free time over there
to be with guys have the same hobby like me so maybe chat and watch them fly while i enjoy a drink[8D]

thanx again!