Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Best Plane to buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Gaiotto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Plane to buy

Hi Friends,

In my country they sell two know planes intended for aerobatic and 3d, the Extra 260 35% Hangar 9 and Somenzined Yak for DA 100. I´d like to know witch one of this planes is best for 3D and precision, please tell me about construction too etc. Please tell me too the flight caracteristics of both planes.

Thanks
Gaiotto
Old 01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
paulhenley

Default RE: Best Plane to buy

Hi there,

I've Just been through a very similar dilema but i'm in England. The decision was between an Aeroworks 35% Extra 260 and the Hanger 9 35% Extra 260. The choice for the extra instead of the yak was due to preference of looks for the extra and also that my flying site doesn't have a perfect tarmac runway which could be risky with a Yak undercarrage. However i believe that the Yak is a better flying model than the extra 260 (i may be wrong). Anyways, Decided to buy the Aeroworks extra becuase after a thread on here and other research i found that although the hanger9 is £200 cheaper for me, and flies better than the aeroworks (becuase it's lighter), the models built to a lower standard to that of the aeroworks. There has been issues with problems with the wings, poor glue joints etc and found that the hanger9 extra (£600 of plane) could be tired within a season or two of flying, where as the aeroworks would last much longer and still be a superb flying model. In the end i purchased the aeroworks extra260, which is getting shipped to the uk to a dealer. I think it would certianly be worth your self seeingif they would ship a model of theirs to your country (just allows another range of models for consideration)

This is the thread i started, some handy info on the hanger9 extra in there

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_66...tm.htm#6682097
Just my chips

Henley
Old 01-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Marcelo Assis
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Gaiotto,
My name is Marcelo.
I own the Torch Engines Company in Brazil. www.torchengines.com.br for Brazillians and www.torchengines.com for overseas.
If you need some information regardin modleairplanes, you can call me and I can uptodate you.
We are at beginning of importing some very good planes.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
Marcelo Assis
Torch Engines
www.torchengines.com
Phone: 55 19 96351643
1 302 4070905
e:mail: [email protected]
Old 02-07-2008, 11:06 AM
adamiani
My Feedback: (2)

Hi how can I get a price list for your engines and how much for a 40cc. thank you!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Giatto and Paul Henley,

I have the Aeroworks Extra 260 fully loaded and it comes in at 27 pounds 9 ounces with no fuel, using canister mufflers on a DA 100. from what I have heard the H9 Extra is coming out heavier than that. The Aeroworks are superb airplanes and are very well built. When I bought mine I chose to get the ARC version and cover it myself, two reasons, one, I wanted to see the plane and construction quality before it was covered and two, there was a fellow at our flying field that already had one and I did not want a duplicate plane. Hanger 9 makes a good product don't get me wrong but the Aeroworks is higher quality all around.

As for the choice between the H9 Extra 260 and a Quique Somenzini Yak, I would go for the Yak. I have seen this plane fly and I have never seen a plane fly so slowly in my life, talk about amazing high alpha harriers almost at a crawl. It is a very good 3D plane and I am sure if you dialled down the throws it would be a very good precision plane as well. Now if I had a choice between the Aeroworks Extra 260 and the QQ Yak....sorry could not make that decision, I would have to take both. I have the QQ Python that I am putting together right now and it too is an awesome plane. After I complete the Python my next plane will be a QQ Yak, but as usual I will get it uncovered and cover it myself, I have more confidence in my planes when I am able to see them before they are covered.

Hopefully all will work out for you...all three planes are good, a couple of them are better and one of them is the top of the heap...the Aeroworks.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have owned and flown the Aeroworks 33% Extra 330, 37% BME Ultimate, and a 40% SD Yak. The Yak would be my first choice for a 3D plane.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
flying skunks
My Feedback: (7)

between the choices that you listed I personally would go with the QQ Yak,the Yak fits my flying style better.My son prefers the Extra for his flying style.It should be what you feel will suit you.my
$.02
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 AM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have both the QQ 102" Yak and the H9 35% Extra 260. The QQ Yak is an older Gen 1 plane. The H9 Extra has superior build construction and overall quality. My H9 Extra flies wonderful IMAC sequences. The QQ Yak is less percise but better at 3D and all around hot doggin. Both are good planes. Both planes weighed about the same (approx. 26# with std mufflers and 27# with canisters). For the $$$$$$$$, I would get the H9 Extra 260.

SWK550
Old 02-14-2008, 03:16 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Between the QQ and the H-9 it's a coin flip. Can't go wrong with either one.

The Aeroworks is not even in the same league.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 PM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Does that mean you feel the Aeroworks is in a league above or below the other 2 planes mentioned?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Below

They were the first with the quick builds but the H-9 is by far a better flying plane.