Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

One way bearing removal on belt cp

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

One way bearing removal on belt cp

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Druss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One way bearing removal on belt cp

Ok, I stripped the gear on my belt cp and just replaced it with a new gear which already had the one way bearing in it. I want to remove the one way bearing from my old gear so that I can see whether it's reusable or not. Any way to remove it without a one way bearing removal tool? Also are they glued in?
Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM
rogerd
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: One way bearing removal on belt cp

OK I just replaced mine also but I did not get my gear with the bearing in it so I had to remove it out of the broken gear and put it in the new gear .I took the bearing out and yes they do come out by using 2 scokets one the size of the outer rim on the bottom and a small one on top the size of the bearing and with a hammer I gently taped it down and out . to put the new one in I lubed it and put the gear in a vice and squeezed it in. If you put the bearing in the freezer for a while it will shrink it a little and make it easier. I hope this helps you out . Let me know how you make out.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Druss

Ok thanks for the info, i'll give that a try. I've got a bearing removal tool on order but I just wanted to see how you could do it without one.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:36 AM
rogerd
My Feedback: (3)

No problem.