Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Giant scale rookie, advice needed...

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Giant scale rookie, advice needed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 10:37 PM
teletiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant scale rookie, advice needed...

I just bought my first 1/3 scale plane (Composite-arf 2.6M Extra 330L) and need some recomendations for setup and hardware. I plan to use a DA-100, HiTech digital servos, (2)3300 Li/poly batteries, smoke system, & and a Futaba T9CAP PCM transmitter.

I've been reading about the PowerBox 40/24 Champion and it sounds great. What additional commponents would I need to go with it(ie. switches)?

Any advice or info would be appriciated.

Thanks
Mike
Old 02-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Giant scale rookie, advice needed...

Send a PM to "RTK". He has some pretty good photos that he may be willing to share with you.

My personal opinion is that you may be going a bit overboard with the powerbox, but M. Galvin may have a little better input on that component.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:44 AM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giant scale rookie, advice needed...

Mike,
I too am new to giant scale planes. I started with a 25% Dave Patick Exta 330L and quickly moved into a Composite Arf 2.6 Extra 330L . I had the same question as you about what to do about power management etc. I opted to go with a product called the Isolator from I4c Products and a single RX , a 2700 MA 5 cell nm pack for the servos , a 2100 MA 5 cell NM pack for ignition and a 1400 ma 4 cell Nicad pack for the rx. I used Cermark super switches on all battery packs. I used all the hardware that came with the plane and the recommended setup. To this day I have well over 100 flights with not a single problem. I am now faced with the same decision for a 40 % Edge which is just about ready for electronics. I do plan to keep the set up simple. Good luck with your project . You are going to love the Comp-arf Extra 2.6.
jef