Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

F3A Biplanes & IAM

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Biggles-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3A Biplanes & IAM

Hi Chip,

I have a few Q's, wondering if you coud help.

Looking at the Hyde-Away that you flew @ IAM 2000, I noticed that the Ailerons, Rudder & Elevator are all larger in their size. Is this available as a mod for the ZN kit & How did she fly?

I can appreciate the Biplane trend & it was great to see, will Biplanes become a new trend in F3A from now on, or does the future still lie with the monoplane?

Finally will you be flying @ Romilly this year?

Thanks Chip!

Scott
(Biggles)
Old 04-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F3A Biplanes & IAM

1. The HYDEOUT I flew in Japan was something we modified before the contest because the wing folded on my ZN majestic on the 2nd flight. It flew great and someday I hope to build another one.

2. The bipe is only going to be flown by the people that have the desire and dedication to compete with the absolute best flying planes there are. They take longer to build and assemble, but IMO it is well worth it and you will see a few of the top pilots stay with them I truely believe. I know I will.

3. I want to but it is not going to be possible because of my commitments in the US.

Chip
ORIGINAL: Biggles-RCU

Hi Chip,

I have a few Q's, wondering if you coud help.

Looking at the Hyde-Away that you flew @ IAM 2000, I noticed that the Ailerons, Rudder & Elevator are all larger in their size. Is this available as a mod for the ZN kit & How did she fly?

I can appreciate the Biplane trend & it was great to see, will Biplanes become a new trend in F3A from now on, or does the future still lie with the monoplane?

Finally will you be flying @ Romilly this year?

Thanks Chip!

Scott
(Biggles)
Old 04-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Biggles-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F3A Biplanes & IAM

Thank you Chip.

The Hyde-Away, looked great and after seeing some video footage looked to have an incredible rate of rotation.

Biplanes - I was just curious, because I heard somewhere that Christophe liked the Suxess and after years of seeing the same style. The Biplanes breathed a new level of interest into F3A, which unless you can appreciate the sheer amount of skill involved or are flying the schedule can be a bit boring to watch, which is my personal opinon.

I did go to Romilly last year the first majorish comp I've been to. I was impressed and it would be nice to see you there to add a touch more to the competition. It felt really awe inspiring to see you guys (Kind of celebrities & awesome pilots) for real. I came away in awe what can I say???

Wishing you every sucess

With Admiration

Biggles