Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Running-In Oil Included

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Bob_S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running-In Oil Included

How many ounces is the container of "Engine Running-In Oil" included with the engine. It says mix 1:30 but doesn't indicate the size.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Running-In Oil Included

Bob,

I don't have such an engine in stock, but I believe is is about 250 cc, which would be enough for 7.5 litres of fuel.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Bob_S

I should have said, this is the oil included in the 58cc engine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81748.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	423565  
Old 03-10-2006, 02:06 PM
pe reivers

A pint is 16 Oz, so two pints is 32 oz. You will be dang close if you mix an oz of oil with two pints of gas, or four oz to a gallon. Add a tad extra oil to make up for the difference. It is no rocket science.
Do this until you run out of oil, then switch to a 1:40 mix. When will you guys switch to metric? We just mix 33cc to a liter. (3.3% or 1000/30 ), after that we mix 25cc to the liter for a 2.5% mix, or 1:40 (40x25=1000)

From Wikipedia: (growing grey hairs!)

The gallon (abbr. gal) is an English unit of volume used for measuring liquids (as well as dry matter), with varying definitions between 3½ and 4¾ litres (litre)The word has also been used as translation for several foreign units of the same magnitude. An Imperial gallon is exactly 4.54609 litres.

A US (liquid) gallon is exactly 231 in³ (3.785411784 L).
The ratio between them is approximately 6:5.

Both these gallons in current use—differentiated if necessary by a prefix “US†or “Imp.â€â€”are subdivided into eight pints, but the US pint is further subdivided into 16 ounces (fl.oz.), whereas the Imperial one holds 20 fl.oz. A gallon can also be subdivided into four quarts; the US holding 32 fl.oz. and the Imperial quart being 40 fl. oz. Therefore a US fl oz is ca. 29.6 ml and an Imp.fl.oz. is ca. 28.4 ml. Thus the US fluid ounce and all its subdivisions are bigger than their Imperial equivalents, but all the other, larger US liquid measures, including the gallon, are smaller than their Imperial counterparts
Old 03-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Bob_S

I know gallons and ounces sucks but I can calculate it with no problem. My question is how much fluid is in the container.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:22 PM
pe reivers

will you measure it, or do you ask someone else to do it for you? There is no amount on the bottle as you already noticed.
Like I said, mix, until all is used up.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:09 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

go to bar . steal shot glass. 1 shot equals 1 and a half onces. fill shot glass with oil. count number of times you fill the glass. divide by 1.5. there you have it.