Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

nion

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:37 AM
dinorc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nion

Hello again,
today, following your recommendations I have started breaking in my .91. Started easily, running great, but I have noticed a great deal of fuel coming out of the front bearing. It does not seem right, at least I have never seen it occurring on my other engines. Since the engine is brand new, received it no more than 4 days ago, I would like advice so that, in case, I can return it to the vendor.
Thank you, regards.
Dino
Old 05-01-2006, 10:14 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: nion

Dino,

About two years ago there was a small production run, that had an incorrect clearance for the crankshaft in the crankcase.
MVVS repaired them under warranty.

This 'runny nose' will not be very attractive, but it has no effect on the way the engine will run.

It is your choice.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:36 AM
dinorc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nion

Thank you Dar,
your advice is always helpful and extremely prompt. I have not yet decided if having the engine repaired, and waiting or keep it with the "runny nose"..
Wish you a good week (yesterday here in Italy was "labor day") so our work week starts now.
Regards.
Dino