Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Question if I may. Blade CP

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Question if I may. Blade CP

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:58 PM
LynxStrife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question if I may. Blade CP

Just wondering if it is possible to turn the blade cp in to a slower flying heli. Most just want to do hovering and moving around. Still trying to figure out why my rotor head is wobbleing. (No blades attached) I want to add a UH-1B Huey Heli fuse to it from helihobby.com (currently on back order) and well the Blade CP is s tadbit sensative (since its 3D) and i was woundering if there was a way to tone it down a little. (still learning) Thanks for the info and time.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:00 AM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Question if I may. Blade CP

I'd reccomend the Bell-Hiller upgrade, it will make it perform alot smoother, as well as the stock motor with 11t pinion. That should slow it down a little for you.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:25 AM
LynxStrife

Really that works im gonna have to get one of those well one of each. thanks for the help. Also still having a issue with the rotor head vibrations. and could i fit http://www.helihobby.com/html/micro_video_camera.html on this heli or is it too small? im thinking with lipo batteries since they are some what lighter i could add this little feature to my heli.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:25 AM
OttoNP

Most of the reviews have stated that the ben-hillar make it more responsive, which may not be what your looking for.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:23 AM
wilburwreckage

If you have a computer transmitter you can adjust a few things to make it a bit steadier.

Reduce swash %
Dual rates
Use Exponential settings.

One thing NOT to do is put the expo the wrong way round. It cost me a fortune in parts before I twigged that on Hitec tx's you need to enter negative expo values to make the heli less responsive around mid sticks, I had been flying with POSITIVE 70% expo. DOH!!!!

HTH

Si
Old 04-07-2006, 12:18 PM
OttoNP

You can move the control rods inward on the servos, but then you will have to adjust the setup and retrim, which could be worse than learning the response rate.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:35 PM
LynxStrife

I have set the contorl rods and adjusted the trim already just need to balance my fly bar. just need to balance my blades.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:40 PM
-Inverted-

The bell-hiller upgrade makes it ALOT smoother. If you are going to install a camera I recomend you keep the stock setup. an 11t pinion with the weight of the camera will not pair well. However without the camera the 11t pinion should slow it down noticeably.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:10 PM
wdps34

On my blade i added two flybar weights to each flybar paddle and the bell hiller mixer upgrade. The combination really made it stable and easy to hover. I could land it on a 20"X 28" coffee table in the house no problem. I just got rid of the cp. I traded it for a new gy401 for my new rex se that shound be on its way.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:21 PM
futura

good luck with the rex...nice heli's wdps34.

LynxStrife, you really don't want to slow down the response of the BCP. Stock, the BCP has a bad lag as it is and teaches thumb habits that are difficult for some to leave behind when they get a more agile heli or quicken the cyclic of the blade with available options.

Personally, I like the idea of getting the cyclic to be more responsive to your input and getting rid of the lag. Upgrade to bell hiller if you can....at least move the flybar weights in or remove them....its a substantial difference in control.

Take your time.....there is no hurry or fast way to get the hang of hovering. Put the training gear on and go slow. I recommend you follow "Radds school of rotory flight"....follow his plan exactly...don't go flying off on your own ideas of glory....you will be fine. At some point you get the hang of stick to heli ballance and "tadda" your hovering controllably. Don't get in a hurry....burn batteries and stay in control.

best of luck,
Old 04-08-2006, 12:54 AM
LynxStrife

Still working on the bugs in the heli like it pulling back and to the left at 2/5 3/5 power. Hell i just love working on the little thing. I am gonna get the bell hiller on my next check. Gonna meet with some weekend flyers tomorrow myabe i might learn a thing or two. Only got 2 batterys so not gonna be a long day for me. (damn part time job damn school). And I am gonna print out the Radd's website (reading on a screen makes me blah after a while) thanks for all the input guys cant wait to get this down!