Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

How do you display your fleet?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

How do you display your fleet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Shu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you display your fleet?

I have a few planes and a small apartment, so I went and got me some ladder hooks and mounted them on the wall. I thought this would make it easy to store and easy to get to when I was ready to take them up. Looks really great and functional too!

This got me to wondering if others might have different ways to display their planes. If you have some ideas or suggestions please chime in.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:14 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: How do you display your fleet?

Mine are getting too big to just put on display, I leave the doors to the trailer open at the field
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59104.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	88145  
Old 01-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you display your fleet?

I used to have a big house, then I filled it up. My scratch built 6' w.s. B-25J 498th B.G. hangs in the entry way to my home. She flies in the dreaded "Victorian Rose" skies, (That's the color my lovely wife chose). Everyone says this plane should be in a museum, so
she's a hangar queen. My TF red box P-51B, autographed on he hood by General Chuck Yeager, hangs in one corner of my living room...another hangar queen. My TF red box P-40 done as "Old Exterminator" the trusty stead of Colonel Robert L. Scott with the most bad ass sharks mouth you will ever see hangs in another corner of my living room...she is probably doomed to be a hangar queen with sliding canopy and all. I have a bit of an artistic touch and all of my insignias and markings are hand painted. I prefer a personal touch. The 63" w.s. Curtiss Gulf Hawk done in the orange paint scheme of Cmdr. Al. Williams is ready to fly and sits on a shelf fully assembled, due to the fact it takes too long to assemble and disassemble her. The Stinson L4 with 62" w.s. hangs assembled above my building table. The TF C-47 fuselage hangs above my computer table along with a fully assembled 1/6 Pica
Waco YMF Biplane. There are two racks full of wings and more Warbird Fuselages on the "Wrecked Room" wall. This is a fantastic hobby!