Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonfly question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 01:32 PM
flyingchaos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly question

Is anyone experiencing this same thing?

Heli main rotor also spins up or down to help compensate when you manually wag heli about the main axis?

I thought that the gyro only affects the tail motor...

ps the tail rotor does speed up and slow down as well, which is what I'm used to.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 11:59 PM
wacachu2

Default RE: Dragonfly question

I also have a new Dragonfly and it does the same thing. I believe its due to the friction of the swash plate rubbing the shaft that slows the rotor. I haven't tried it yet, but there is a mod that removes the plastic sleeve on the shaft and reduces the friction.

Do you have the all-in-one receiver/gyro/esc ? If so, does the LED on yours turn green a few seconds after you plug it in? My instructions say it should, but mine flashes then goes to solid red. Everything seems to work correctly though.

Walt
Old 01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
flyingchaos

Yes I did the plastic sleeve mod. Actually what I ddi was that I removed the top half, keeping the bottom half of the sleeve to hold the shaft from sliding down.

This way it'll free the swash to move freely.

I have separates:

feda mixer
gws pg-03 gyro
running 750ma batteries.

The mixer shoudl turn green, UNLESS your TX is off or the throttle is not all the way LOW. Safty feature :-)

My problem is that I can hear and tell that the main motor is reducing speed or increasing speed when the gyro senses movement(I manually turn the heli by holding/jerking it)

My experinence is that only the tail shoudl be compensating by speeding up or slowing down, not the main motor as well.

Thanks

-Dan
Old 01-14-2004, 05:17 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, it sounds to me like you have the tail motor and main motor plugged into each other's slots!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:43 PM
flyingchaos

I'm confident that the wiring is correct.

Throttle up on the TX does throttle up the Main motor(as well as the tail mix)
Rudder control on the TX controls the tail motor.

I have an old style gyro from kalt, which I tried, and the same thing happens.

I wonder if its a bad mixer board. Kinda funny that the mixer board works fine other wise. For me the heli is WAY easier to control w/o the gyro or having the sensitivity on the gyro turned way down.

I will investigate the modified signal that comes from the gyro's output to see if it is any different from a signal straight from the reciver....

-Dan
Old 01-15-2004, 03:49 PM
MovingLite

wacachu2
I have the same reciever as you, it is NOT a Bi-Color LED,
Red is all you will get, but if it is solid, you are all set, that means the reciever is
linked to the Transmitter.

When it is blinking, the receiver is calibrating the gyro, so be sure to keep the Heli still.

Enjoy!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:05 PM
flyingchaos

I have determined my gyro/mainmotor/tailmotor problem!

I hope this will help others with the same issue.

The pre-wired configuration was WRONG! This is wierd. The throttle connector was connected to the rudder channel(Ch4 with futaba Tx) on the GWS Rx, and vice versa with the rudder connector!

Yet I was able to control the rudder and throttle like normal, except that I kept noticing the gyro compensating using the tail and the main motor.

So I swapped the connectors and made sure the rest of the connections were correct, NOW she flies beautifly.....I am dead serious saying how stable these things are... I'm a seasoned LMH 100 gas heli flier, but this heli can be controlled/mastered by anyone. Thats how stable it is.

-Dan