Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Product Announcements & Manufacturer News
Reload this Page >

The Engin-ears Approval Airborne Magazine Article

Community
Search
Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

The Engin-ears Approval Airborne Magazine Article

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 03:32 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default The Engin-ears Approval Airborne Magazine Article

Written by Brian Winch of Australia

Since my first review of the TurboHeader mufflers both I and Alistair of Christian Traders, have received excellent feedback from modellers who purchased the mufflers for their four stroke engines. Every report has been very positive citing subdued exhaust sound and increased power. As well, many users have indicated how pleased they are with the quality of manufacture, neatness of design and how well the muffler fits in with the style of the model.

I am pushing hard to convince modellers that we need to reduce exhaust (and other) sound but that does not mean I have moved over to the “league of silent flight” – I still enjoy a good sounding exhaust at reasonable sound levels and that is exactly what I enjoyed with the TurboHeader mufflers that came on special assignment for the Saito 57T spark ignition engine. Used with the TurboHeader 90 degree adapters (you can aslo use the supplied Saito adapters I was able to place the mufflers in quite a variety of positions to have the exhaust outlets to the sides, pointing down, up and and in a sort of folded position that would keep them inside a cowl if you wanted to enclose them and fit extensions for the outlets. I imagined a sporty type model with the two outlets angled out each side of the cowl and pointing towards the back of the model. I set them up like this on the bench and gave the engine a full RPM run while I moved around the test stand checking the sound volume. From all points the noise was very acceptable – no bark or metallic rattle – and from the rear the noise was still quite low (comparatively) but of such a great sound – a real solid engine sound like a BMW motorcycle (horizontal twin engine) on full song going up a hill under full load.

The main reason why these mufflers are efficient in reducing the sound is due to the method of construction. They are machined from high tensile aluminum alloy, have a very thick wall, adequate expansion area, smooth flow and a small outlet. They reduce the sound volume but not the RPM as I have recorded a slight gain of 2-300 RPM each time I have tested them on various four stroke engines. Very well made, no sections to fall off, simple and positive method of attachment, good appearance and much smaller than most supplied exhaust systems. A full range of the TurboHeader mufflers and 90 degree adapters to suit almost all four stroke engines from RC Specialties, LLC.

https://www.rcspecialties.net/

Last edited by IBJoel; 03-06-2023 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2024, 12:41 AM
nguyentanlong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, i'm VN, i want to know detail