Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution 26GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
TomBat74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 26GT

Hey all

I have an evolution 26gt that is the bain of my existence. I have it mounted on a UCD 60. We got one flight about 6 mins and it deadsticked. Got it back on the ground and now it will only fire and run for a few seconds then die. I have cleaned the carb checked plug gap, changed fuel lines, checked the mag gap, and I am absolutely baffelled as to what the issue is. Is there anyway to test the ignition to see if that is the problem. I have been through everything else and I am not sure where to go next. When the engine fires and runs for a few seconds the LED on the module stays lighted. I called Horizon today and they were useless. all I got was to send the engine into them and they would fix/ replace what ever the problem was for a nominal fee. I bought this engine second hand and I am sure that the warranty has ticked off it. Anyone got any suggestions. So far this is my first gas engine and I am thinking of stickin with GLOW!!!! any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Tom
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 PM
JUGFLIER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 26GT

ORIGINAL: TomBat74

Hey all

I have an evolution 26gt that is the bain of my existence. I have it mounted on a UCD 60. We got one flight about 6 mins and it deadsticked. Got it back on the ground and now it will only fire and run for a few seconds then die. I have cleaned the carb checked plug gap, changed fuel lines, checked the mag gap, and I am absolutely baffelled as to what the issue is. Is there anyway to test the ignition to see if that is the problem. I have been through everything else and I am not sure where to go next. When the engine fires and runs for a few seconds the LED on the module stays lighted. I called Horizon today and they were useless. all I got was to send the engine into them and they would fix/ replace what ever the problem was for a nominal fee. I bought this engine second hand and I am sure that the warranty has ticked off it. Anyone got any suggestions. So far this is my first gas engine and I am thinking of stickin with GLOW!!!! any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Tom

To all potential Evolution 26 GT puchasers.

The ignition is junk, new or used. There is a thread on here where someone uses the RCIGN ignition system with excellent results. Do not spend money for a new ignition from Horizon.

Hope this helps, Tom. But really, i don't know the number of people who have nearly been banned from RCU over this engine.