Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

zenoah carb

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 AM
lil abner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zenoah carb

BOUGHT A ZENOAH 23 GAS AIR (KRAFT-COIL IS AT BOTTOM OF ENGINE) ENGINE AT A SWAP MEET. CAN'T GET IT TO STAY RUNNING, IT HAS A WALBRO 197A CARB ON IT. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THATS THE RIGHT CARB FOR IT? THE CARB BLOCK HAD A CRACK IN IT, BUT I THINK I FIXED IT. COULD THAT BE THE PROBLEM OR IS IT THE WRONG CARB? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Old 03-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: zenoah carb

That is the correct carb.

You THINK you fixed it? How? The resin carb blocks are hard to "fix", it's better to replace a cracked one. Do you know if the carb has ever been taken apart? If so, was it properly reassembled? It's easy to not get it right. How many hours does the engine have on it? It's possible the carb may be clogged and need rebuilding.

It's really hard to diagnose when the only information you give is "can't get it to stay running".

Dr.1
Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

You can buy a brand new carb insulator block wich turns the throttle for straight hookup from Horizon for 11.99,i just orderd one myself.Look under G23 parts listing.Do that first,then post again as to whats happening so people here can help.Is gas in the line going to carb,when you choke or put finger over carb do you get fuel,ect...
Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AND TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK
Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 AM
lil abner

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS. WE'LL PUT ON A NEW INSULATOR BLOCK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. CALLED DICK BENNETT AND HE SAID IT COULD BE THE DIAPHRAMS. HE'S GOING TO SEND ME THOSE AND A NEW INSULATOR BLOCK. WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. THANKS AGAIN
Old 03-05-2008, 04:33 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Posting in caps here is considered by most as shouting and somewhat rude, and in so doing you run the risk of having your post ignored by some.

Karol
Old 03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
lil abner

karol, thanks for the e-mail on the caps. i don't want to be ignored if i need some help. i'll remember not to cap. thanks ray