Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Zap --Z A +

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 05:56 PM
amelia-air
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zap --Z A +

Working on a plane last night,and gluing my fingers to the wood ,I had a thought--Why don't they make Zap---or Zap -a -gap in colors? Being 60 something --I thought it sure would make it a lot easier to see how much glue was going on the wood ,and how much was going on my fingers ...I think if enough people voiced there comments --Pacer might give it a try ..Can't be all that hard to put a little food coloring in it --Well ,thats just my $.02 worth --thanks -----Joann
Old 01-01-2004, 10:05 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Zap --Z A +

Good idea!

Jerry
Old 01-02-2004, 12:08 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure this will work but, you could try shooting a few drops of food coloring into a bottle of Zap. However, I don't know if it will do anything to the catalist action of the glue. You'll just have to experiment.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:52 PM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Probably won't work since CA needs just a small amount of moisture to work. Addding food coloring will probably kick it off at once, and you'll have a hardened bottle of ZAP.

But it will be easy to see!

Why not send a note to some of the CA makers out there. They like to hear from you folks from time to time.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:51 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Or you might try powdered dye. If you have a syringe you can put dye in it, suck up some CA, shake it, then re-inject it into the CA bottle. Shaking sould then mix it all. Probably won't work with thick though.
Dennis-
Old 01-02-2004, 02:53 PM
amelia-air
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the great ideas..The food coloring thing was in jest *G*I just wondered if any body had tried to color it ? These short winter days ,really makes you appreciate a well lit work area--thanks guys ---