Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

NEW PICCO IS IN, but............

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:49 PM
chevymanmike1010
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW PICCO IS IN, but............

Got the picco p3 in today. got every thing on it, rotostart back plate, new aluminum clutches, engine mount. all i had left was the carb.............an it didnt come with a carb pinch bolt.son of a %$#%*.i bought it brand new from a person so i cant contact customer service lol. an i tried one from my f4.6but it was to small. So my question is, any of you guys got an extra pinch bolt for a picco p3? ill buy it off ya. need the screw an pinch pieces. the whole setup to put the carb in the engine. I was super exited to get it goin today to. thanks guys.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 PM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: NEW PICCO IS IN, but............

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...or-Locking-Pin

Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chevymanmike1010

Got the picco p3 in today. got every thing on it, rotostart back plate, new aluminum clutches, engine mount. all i had left was the carb.............an it didnt come with a carb pinch bolt. son of a %$#%*. i bought it brand new from a person so i cant contact customer service lol. an i tried one from my f4.6 but it was to small. So my question is, any of you guys got an extra pinch bolt for a picco p3? ill buy it off ya. need the screw an pinch pieces. the whole setup to put the carb in the engine. I was super exited to get it goin today to. thanks guys.

you should be able to find a suitable screw from a hardware store or automotive/industrial supply.....just take the cinch assembly with you and test fit till you find the right screw...... not sure what types of stores you have close to you, but it shouldn't be too hard to find something
Old 07-19-2011, 03:48 AM
jeepster820

sorry to jump on some one elses thread but what is the best plug to buy for a turbo headed picco 28 i am purchasing a schumacher picco what is the best air filter thanks andy
Old 07-19-2011, 05:17 AM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use picco plugs, p5 is what I use with my Team 28 turbo on 25% nitro 12% oil, Novarossi 086 in a 1/8 buggy.

My picco also ran much much nicer after I stripped it and sealed it all up nicely....the carb-case and cinch bolt were pretty leaky !

Might try the 053 pipe as they say it makes tuning easier and consistant...my picco is a touch tricky to get the best tune(cool and really fast) on a hot day.....makes bucket loads of power in anyones book tho !
Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 AM
chevymanmike1010
My Feedback: (11)

i didnt just need the screw i needed the two pieces that pinch the carb in as well. i got a set coming though. found them on ebay.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Will that posted pinch bolt work on a LRP28? What did you find off ebay?