Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

redcat racing monsoon truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:39 PM
jman214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat racing monsoon truggy

Does anybody. Know if this is a good truggy for 300 bucks
Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
jman214

Default RE: redcat racing monsoon truggy

Its out of the himoto rxt-1 and the monsoon I can get the monsoon for 287 shipped and the rxt is 324 I don't car about the extra money for shipping which one is better I do see the monsoon xtr comes with 2.4 ghz remote is there anything else I should know about these to
Old 01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

with either truck, you will have to get spare parts shipped. for some, this isnt a huge deal. for others its worth it to get a brand that your local hobby shop will carry. a few hobby shops do carry redcat, but youll have to check yours.
the SH motors in the redcats are good solid performers.
some people have had issues with the stock servos. if they fail, redcat will replace them. if one does fail, i would just get one from www.hobbypartz.com.

the redcats are good for the money. but not recommended for beginners. the manuals are OK, but not as detailed as the bigger name brands.
its a case of "you get what you pay for".
i have had alot of fun with redcat's electric models i own.
with the nitros, i hear both horror stories and owners who love them.
if you have previous experience with nitros, you will be fine. if this is your 1st nitro, get a traxxas or HPI.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Hack u 2

Its gonna be a tank...it weighs 8 lbs and will go 32mph....more if tuned right. Great start and lots of fun.