Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR9000/ DSM2 glitch on jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default AR9000/ DSM2 glitch on jet

Hello Danny,

I am using the new Spektrum system on my AD Phoenix to benchmark it. I have done so far 25 flights/ 4 flight hours from the beginnîng of june with this system which has worked perfectly.
I was really getting confident with the system when I got a very strange glitch this morning on channel AUX1 ( flaps ) and AUX2 ( engine control switch ).
Both channels went to max deflection on one end for approximately 1/20th of a second. This led to an engine shutdown ( luckily on the ground ).

Here is my setup:

JR10x
DSM2 module for JR
AR9000 receiver
Flightlog permanently installed
7 JR digital servos + 2 Jettronic valves
2 Lipos 2S 1000 mAh and SensorswitchII power supply: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_64...tm.htm#6482230
Eagletree monitoring system with bat voltage, RX voltage and AUX2 monitoring
Failsafe setup with engine switch to predertermined position= RUN

Flight data:
Lowest bat voltage: 7,35V
Rx voltage: 5,8V constant for the whole period
FlightLog: A=4/B=61/L=46/R=0/fades=183/Holds=0

ECU and Eagletree systems both showed that AUX2 went to CUTOFF briefly.
Since I was "taxying in" the plane when this happened, I saw the brief flaps deflection as well. It was sitting about 3 meters from me.

I never got this before on this system. I did another flight after this to try to reproduce the phenomenon without success ( locking AUX2 to RUN to avoid a flameout ).

Is this connected to this bulletin ?
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1693

When this bulletin went out I made sure that I had no servo going past its travel end.

Do you have any idea what happened ?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AR9000/ DSM2 glitch on jet

Do you have any analog servos in the aircraft? If so, then it may be related to the notice posted. If so, send the module in for service. Since you had zero holds it is not related to the system link but rather some other issue, such as what is mentioned in the notice, or some other physical connection inside the aircraft (loose or dirty connectors etc).
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
olnico

I have no analog servo in this plane but two Jettronic valves. I am not aware of this valves technology. Are they considered as analog or digital ?
I have seen something strange as well on the system: when I move the left remote receiver, its LED light goes off for approx 1/2 sec then on. What is the purpose of this light ?
Power supply status ? Signal reception status ?

I can't see any other obvious loose or dirty connector ( the plane has flown around 5 hours on 35Mhz JR system previously without any problem )

THX
Oli.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
jmohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help you with the jet stuff, but I have had a few issues with the 9000s. They have all been related to receiver supply voltage dropping for a split second and causing lock-outs. I have since fixed this problem with better flight packs and a regulator. Try to rebind the receiver and re-check. May just be a bad connector or loose wire? Good thing it was on the ground
Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shows power since it will be off without power and it also shows link status. There might be a connection issue with that remote. To be sure, it may be best to send the module and perhaps the receiver as well in for a check up to be sure everything is ok there.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:53 PM
olnico

Thanks,
Both module and receiver are in the box ready to go. It is bad luck because it's just the beginning of the flying season in Dubai, and I wanted to fly this system extensively for troubleshooting and to demonstrated the technology to my fellow modelers...
At least troubleshooting is achieved ( hopefuly ).
Old 11-16-2007, 05:54 PM
olnico

By the way I didn't rebind the system to help the technicians to reproduce the problem.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Jerry K
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny

I had a simular situation prior to the maiden on a flash. Range check was excelent the week prior. Batterys were topped off{two 6v nicad with two standard sw}. 10X Tx module and four AR9000 Rx's just returned for bulletin service. I was preparing to start the engine but stopped to adjust the steering servo 2721 when steering and flaps began to jitttttttttter. after a few seconds 10-15 it stopped. I installed the checker and found B-L-R-F were all zeros but H-holds was 446. I dont remember what happened next but at some point I turned off and rebooted but could not replicate the situation. At this point I flew one flight without any problems and all normal readings on the logger B-30 L-35 R33 F-000 H-000. Frames may have been something but within normal range.

Sorry for the hitch-hike but the two problems seem to be very simular down to the affected channels.

Jerry Kirwan