Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Need help with gearing

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:56 PM
PSG-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with gearing

I've got a Mach .26 on my Savvy and it's quite fast but i was wondering how to gear this thing? It seems to be good but people talk about doing wheelies etc. and i could never do one unless i hit the brakes hard in grass then hit it. Any suggestions? my gearing right now is stock.

Oh yeah what about tire sizes too?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:17 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Need help with gearing

if you want wheelies buy a smaller clutch bell or bigger spur gear. or put smaller tires on it
Old 11-08-2005, 06:34 PM
DaveG55

I just put one of those in my Savage25ss and I cannot keep the wheels on the ground, even with it running break in rich.
I've got the same gearing as when it had the .25 on it which, if I recall, is 15t cb, 47t spur. I believe I'm going to change the spur to a 52t and see if the helps the back flipping some.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:56 PM
PSG-1

the 25 SS has different tires on it doesn't it? mine's the 25 RTR version and i still have the original tires on it... on different rims however. could that be why?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:41 PM
proxpilot

if you go from a 47t spur to a 52t spur it will prolly flip even easier
ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I just put one of those in my Savage25ss and I cannot keep the wheels on the ground, even with it running break in rich.
I've got the same gearing as when it had the .25 on it which, if I recall, is 15t cb, 47t spur. I believe I'm going to change the spur to a 52t and see if the helps the back flipping some.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:42 PM
proxpilot

no same tires and rims, check your tuning it could be a lil rich on the bottom end.
ORIGINAL: PSG-1

the 25 SS has different tires on it doesn't it? mine's the 25 RTR version and i still have the original tires on it... on different rims however. could that be why?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:48 PM
PSG-1

Ah yeah you're right, i was thinking of the 4.6 i think it has different tires. Yeah I just finished break in so i haven't really pushed it to the limit by leaning it out too much but i'll make a couple minor adjustments to lean it out and see if that helps.