IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Ace Extra 230 (87") for IMAC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:46 PM
malibuplt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Extra 230 (87") for IMAC?

I have just puchased an Ace Extra 230 and I want to compete in IMAC. I plan on entering a couple of local contests flying in basic. Then I want to enter the NATS flying sportsman. I am going to put a Quadra 45 in it along with Hitec HS 645 servos. I consider myself a very competent pilot (30+ years). I cannot afford the 40%ers so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this plane will work for now. My question is, will this plane (in the hands of a good pilot) be able to compete with the "big boys"? Any ideas that you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ace Extra 230 (87") for IMAC?

As long as you trim the plane well and practice, you should have no problem holding your own in Sportsman with that plane. You might need more power for Intermediate and up but for now just burn gas and get the plane trimmed and you should do fine.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:25 PM
malibuplt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ace Extra 230 (87") for IMAC?

I am hoping that I will have a differnt plane by the time I get to intermediate. Thanks alot, I appreciate your response.