Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

my savys new attitude ! pics >

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:47 PM
bennett2497

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my savys new attitude ! pics >

I'm waiting on the rest of my decals before i paint the rubicon shell . I bought a pair of Dubro curved sissors and reamer , made the job of trimming a breeze . So while i am waiting to paint , i did the front battery mount , i saw on a post here. It really made alot of room in the radio box, great mod ! Thought i would share some pics . Thanks for all the great ideas here guys !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58200.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	413713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39705.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	413714  
Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM
savagebeasted

Default RE: my savys new attitude ! pics >

cool man...post some pics of the body when your done painting. did you buy that battery mod, or did you make it? looks like something i could use.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:35 AM
bennett2497

The info . i got was from a post on here , i tried to find it for ya but no luck. I had to make a bracket for the battery box ( from a nitro rush ) to mount to . The rest was easy ! If you want more detailed info. , let me know .
Old 02-23-2006, 03:26 PM
z71mike8379

the more info you can layout, the better. caught my interest....
Old 02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
bennett2497

I took a piece of 1/16" plastic ( it was a divider in a plastic toolbox i have ) and cut it with my body shears to the size of the front shock tower. Mark out the holes for the top shock bolts and the bottom shock tower bolts . Then i used my body reamer and made holes in the plastic piece. Take out the cotter pins for the body mounts and put them in from behind , so you can get them out . I bent the ends of the pins up so their easier to grab them. Next i set the new battery box ( Hpi part #A349 bumper set < box is in there ) so it was as low as it could be then marked the 2 holes to mount box ( 2 screws Hpi #Z517 & lock nuts Hpi # Z663 ) . I put the 2 lower shock tower screws in first then i flexed the plastic away from tower to get the new battery box bolts in then put the top shock bolts in last . The only other parts you need are 2 small cotter pins to secure the box closed . Then just dremel a small hole in the radio box where you want the battery cord to enter.Thats it , your done ! Your new battery box holds the 5 cell hump pack batteries and you have plenty of room in the radio box for all the wires !!!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:45 PM
amec

You can just cable tie the battery pack to the shock tower. I made a 2300mah 6volt pack which worked very well on my tmaxx then my Savage till it eventually died[]. Use quality ties not the cheapies and it will not move. Also use the thickest heat shrink you can find on the batt pack to help seal out dirt and stuff.