Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Replacement tailmotor for colco thunderbird 2...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Replacement tailmotor for colco thunderbird 2...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 04:54 PM
JohnY2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement tailmotor for colco thunderbird 2...

Any good and cheap replacement tailmotor for colco thunderbird 2? I'm asking this for a friend who just got the colo thunderbird 2; the tailmotor burnt out after only 3 packs. I ran out of dcm-166 spare motors; otherwise, he could try the dcm-166 motor on his colo.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 06:44 AM
jjp735i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Replacement tailmotor for colco thunderbird 2...

I would get the dual motor kit from Helihobby. I first bought the dual set up from Like90 and it just snaps on. Even after glueing the mount if you hit the tail hard it moves. The boom mounted one is much better and I've had no problems with moving. I've gone through countless battery charges and it's still going strong. I also have the high authority motor on my hummingbird and it also has not burned out yet through many battery packs. I like the look of the Hige authority better and the control is about the same on both the hummingbird and Thunderbird. I can say the Hummingbird is much more stable and I can hover complete packs with it, The thunderbird I am always adjusting things with each flight. One more note, with the dual set up you can probably get any of the replacement tail motors and they should last. I'm still on the ones supplied with the dual set up kit. They look to be the ones from Allelectronics.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:21 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

blah....go to http://www.raidentech.com/smhesppa.html 4 bucks comes with the pinion and the cap
Old 08-20-2004, 05:11 PM
jjp735i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be rude, but BLUH !!. I was only giving a suggestion on what I think works better. Yeah I have gotten the 4 buck motor, yeah they work, but it will also burn out from my experance and many others on this board as I see it. The dual motor set up works better and gives them little motors longer life. And the same motor that raidentech sells is no better then the DCM-166 that can be bought for 2 for a buck at allectronics.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:33 PM
ger87410

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say dual motor. I'm interested in finding out more though please.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:12 PM
JohnY2004

I bought smartch tailmotor before. The pinion is nice and can accommodate jabo tail rotor, too.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:00 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

the duel tail motor is just that. It is a different tail mounting piece that allows you to have two motors instead of one.

I wasnt saying anything about your suggestion... I said blah becouse just about any motor will bolt up to these tails...

There is a bit of a weight problem with duel tail though just to get you for warned....are you able to move your battery any forward with the jabo2...I dont think it looks like you can but I am not sure.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:20 AM
JohnY2004

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:50 AM
nonaste

Hi. My colco t-bird tail motor just burned out after 4 packs. Where can this dual motor setup be purchased?