Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Zoom/Shogun 400 MD 500 D and E scale bodies from darthdrk

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Zoom/Shogun 400 MD 500 D and E scale bodies from darthdrk

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zoom/Shogun 400 MD 500 D and E scale bodies from darthdrk

Ed Walton just keeps turning out beautiful new products.

Now he has developed a great looking MD/Hughes 500 "D" and "E" model scale fuselage kit for the Zoom/Shogun/Dolphin/Zap/MicroStar 400 family of E-helis. They are available in styrene or clear PETG plastic. This build will be aimed at the LG chassis mods required to make this bad boy look right (i.e. long legs like a Playmate of the Month )

The fuselage construction sequence is well documented in the MD/Hughes 500 fuse instructions that Ed has been selling for some time for the Corona chassis. So the basics will not be covered in any depth in this thread. I will attempt to use parts that are available to most hobbyists and minimize the hand crafting work required to install proper struts and skids.

Off we go for another fun project.........................
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67756.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	169156  
Old 09-22-2004, 09:52 AM
RysiuM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Zoom/Shogun 400 MD 500 D and E scale bodies from darthdrk

I saw you did a beautyfull job with Augusta body so you must know the thing.
What is the difference between the styrene and PETG. I know, the one is white the other is clear. But I mean from the finishing point of view. In example can you finish (paint) styrene window with some glocc paint so it will look like a dark glass like it will do when you paint PETF from the inside? What kind of paint can you use on styrene and PETG?

Thanks,
Richard
Old 09-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Most enamels work well on the Styrene. Get them cheap at WalSmart or AutoZone. The PETG can be painted inside with paints formulated for Lexan. It will also accept enamels painted on the outside. I generally overcoat the exterior paint, decals and panel lines with clear polyurethane (MinWax is the brand I use) on bith types of plastics.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:07 PM
RysiuM
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the answer. I loved your heli - retracts are very cool. So the Agusta 109 body is on my next shopping list. I just didn't know which one to buy: clear or white. I don't need a "clear windows" as there is not much interior to show, but I was wondering if I will be able to "do windows" on white styrene.

Thanks again.
RysiuM