Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support
Reload this Page >

Chip Hyde flyes JTEC/RADIOWAVE Extra 300 at 2011 TUS

Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

Chip Hyde flyes JTEC/RADIOWAVE Extra 300 at 2011 TUS

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:56 AM
al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chip Hyde flyes JTEC/RADIOWAVE Extra 300 at 2011 TUS

I'd like to thank Chip for flying our ( Actually Kevin's) 3.2 meter Extra 300 at this years Tucson Shootout. Chip flew the heck out of the plane and had several second place finish in a couple rounds. Just couldn't knock off Andrew but got close a couple times

Chip had asked Kevin to borrow his personal plane for the shootout about a month before the contest. Kevin agreed so we built a crate and shipped it to Deseret Aircraft for Chip to pratice. Chip continued to tell us how much he enjoyed the plane and how well it flew. The plane had a DA200 with a custom set of JTEC mufflers and Futaba gear.

I had told Chip to make any modifications he needed to for his comfort. Suprisingly he removed a servo from each wing ( reduced it from 3 to 2 servos per wing) and added vents in the cowl for the rear cyclinders on the engine and changed the batteries ( we used 2 5000mah) to save a little additional weight.

Chip made a few suggestions that he thought would make it even better which we had already considered and will incorporate them into the new builders Kits we hope to be releasing in a couple weeks.

Again I would like to thank Chip Hyde for flying our plane at the shootout and his contributions.

Thanks Chip

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39062.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1685995  
Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Chip Hyde flyes JTEC/RADIOWAVE Extra 300 at 2011 TUS

that is great new Al,

We know those Radiowave are such a great plane down here in NC. What servos were you all running on the wings? Did he just take out one of those? Do you want to share what the mods will be on the upcoming kit?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very cool! nice to see Chip back in the saddle
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 AM
al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he had two futaba 9157 in each wing panel

on the 3.2 were are actually decreasing the wingspan slightly and increasing the length of the fuse