Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Spektrum dx3 question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 04:24 AM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum dx3 question!!!

Hi thinking of getting the spetrum dx3 for my savage ,now howmuch oz do the servos have???
And the spektrum dx3 is one of the best radio gear you can get for the savage,or any car in general right?? Thanks.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:52 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum dx3 question!!!

No, you can also go with the Nomadio react 2.4 GHz and you get all your updates down loaded right from your home pc
Old 03-03-2007, 06:02 AM
naynay12

Ok anyone else know howmuch oz the servos have,or if the spektrum dx3 is one of the best radio setup,????
Old 03-03-2007, 07:49 AM
IamDisaster

ORIGINAL: naynay12

Hi thinking of getting the spetrum dx3 for my savage ,now howmuch oz do the servos have???
And the spektrum dx3 is one of the best radio gear you can get for the savage,or any car in general right?? Thanks.
The DX3....or for a single speed electric which only needs two channels, the DX2, is the cheapest 2.4Ghz radio you can buy now. 2.4Ghz systems are immune to a lot of the interference that effects typical radios and are designed not to interfere with one another.

Futaba and Airtronics have radios 2.4Ghz 3PM and MX3 coming out shortly which will be in the same price range (under $200.) The DX3 is rather spartan as far as features are concerned. It has the basic EOT, dual rate and subtrim, but doesn't have such features like exponential or lap counting. Unless the DX3 adds features, the Futaba and MX3 will be better values.

You can buy, more feature rich radios today. As was mentioned, the Nomadio React is a very nice radio. The Futaba 3PK with the FASST module is also very nice. The React will cost you $280....the 3PK with module considerably more than that.

The servos that come with radios are always pretty low end and not suitable for truck applications. If you've been into RC cars for long, it isn't uncommon to have a drawer full of these servos. Better to get something like the React, with no servos and buy your own.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:24 AM
broncobill
My Feedback: (11)

The DX3.0 has more features than the DX3. The servos that come with it are not strong enough for a Savage. The Z590 would be OK for a 2wd st, but thats about it. As stated above, you can get a React for a little more than a DX3.0.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
IamDisaster

ORIGINAL: broncobill
The DX3.0 has more features than the DX3.
Didn't realize they came out with a .0 model. Confusing....they should have called it the 3.1 to be clearer. Nice to see exponential added. I wonder how many shops still carry the older 3 model? Something to check before your purchase.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:23 PM
naynay12

Ok,so whats a nice radio set that the servos are good for the savage , you mensioned some nice radio sets which seem nice but is it powerful anough for the savage,if not whats a nice radio set that the servos are powerful enough?
Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
IamDisaster

ORIGINAL: naynay12

Ok,so whats a nice radio set that the servos are good for the savage , you mensioned some nice radio sets which seem nice but is it powerful anough for the savage,if not whats a nice radio set that the servos are powerful enough?
I've never seen them sell a radio with high torque servos liked you would use in a truck application. It is better to buy a good radio without servos and buy the servos separately.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:41 AM
broncobill
My Feedback: (11)

I agree. Forget about a radio with servos. Have you looked into the new Futaba 3PM FASST? It's 2.4GHz spread spectrum. 3 channel, has all the features you need, and it is just under $200. I walked into the lhs yesterday to pick up my Jetpro V3, and he showed me the radio. He told me $180, and I said sold. Every thing I've read so far sounds good.