Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rim/Tire Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Mauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim/Tire Sizes

I am new to this sport as evidenced by this question. But this whole business about purchasing different tire and rim combinations for my cars is slightly confusing. I have a Kyohso Landmax and an Inferno MP 7.5 - I'd like to get some road tires for the Landmax and I'm sure I will need tires at some point for the Inferno. In the spec sheet for the Landmax it says "Tires: 40mm X 90mm", using my one good eye this appears to be the width and height of the tire. Looking on line I see ads for 40mm tires and they don't even look close.

If anyone knows of a chart or can simply tell me how to determine what tires/rims I should buy I would be spared hours of grief I'm sure. Not mention the expense of buy the wrong stuff.

Thanks,

Old 03-04-2007, 08:59 PM
fugadude

Default RE: Rim/Tire Sizes

No kidding I still haven't got this all figured out. For the on roads it's not a problem, but for the trucks it's suckage.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:32 AM
SavageX78

Well i found these on ebay.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Landmax-Hi-Grip-OnRoad-Racing-Tires-mounted_W0QQitemZ220086801196QQihZ012QQcategoryZ34 063QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Ebay[/link]
Old 03-05-2007, 08:40 AM
SAVAGEJIM

the 40mm is the with of the rim that the tire must be to fit that particular rim. Any 40mm tire will fit the rim. For example, the Pro-Line 40series are all 40mm rim tires but some are 5.75in tall and others are more than 6.5in tall. You just have to choose the tire height for the allication you want.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Mauler

I found those to. I actually bought a body from that guy. The problems is the 19mm wheel stoppers. Mine uses 23mm.

Thanks for the help.

I found a post that says I can use 2.2 tires. Converted that is 55.88mm / my rims are 62mm. What does the 2.2 stand for?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Mauler

It appears there are three dimentions to be concerned with.
1. Tire witdth
2. Tire height
3. Rim size

And hex size (rims)

Unless there is a hidden number or something I'm missing completely - there is no mention of rim size (diameter). Within a particular scale (1/8) are all Buggy rims the same diameter?, How about On-road?