Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Airasys Models Turbo Raven

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Airasys Models Turbo Raven

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 07:44 PM
JoshFlies3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airasys Models Turbo Raven

Hey

Will someone post some manufacturers of a large Turbo Raven kit that is currently available?

Has anyone seen one of the Airsys Models 1/3 Turbo Raven's in person yet? It looks really nice
I got some pictures of a friend's and it looks BEAUTIFUL.

Has anyone seen them fly?

Anybody have pictures of there Ravens?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2003, 10:11 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a friend building one for another friend. It's not finished yet, but if you're interested in construction thoughts email me offline and I can hook you up with him.

Jamie

[email protected]
Old 04-11-2003, 05:16 AM
shockwave
My Feedback: (39)

Default Turbo Raven

Hello Josh,

Thanks for the Nice comments on the Raven, Bob Francis designed this 1/3 scale Raven at Wayne Handleys request. I met Bob at the Marina Air show in Monterey where we were both displaying RC aircraft. At the time I had never even seen the Turbo Raven before or new of its existence; all I new was that the lines were in my humble opinion absolutely Beautiful.

I asked Bob if a kit was available but sadly his reply was no; but to my surprise he said that the molds were available. Two days later I was the proud owner of the Raven, but as I was soon to find out I had ALLOT of work ahead of me before I could start to produce the kits. Well about 14 months later and allot of help from Bob I had everything lined up to start production. Currently we are producing the short version of the kit.

Short Kit Details:
All fiberglass parts; one piece fuse, wheel pants, wing tips, and turbine exhaust cones. Foam wing cores with flat carbon spars. Short kit also includes clear canopy, main gear aluminum strut and Axle's, Detailed three view plan with all wood templates with basic instructions, CD that contains tons of reference material on both the prototype and full size Raven.

Quick Overview:
The Turbo Raven has a 102 inch wing span and is 87 inches in length. The current flying prototype comes in at 24 lbs but we could come in at around 20 if we made a serious effort. This model is currently powered by a MacMinarelli 85 Twin but most similar power plant designs will work. I would recommend a DA 100 or equivalent power plant if you want to fly 3D. Currently we are also working on a Turbo prop version of the kit with JD Enterprises. The turbo prop is producing around 35 Lbs of static thrust which will give the Raven an incredible power to weight ratio.

I am currently working on putting together some video showing the Raven in flight; I hope to have this available on the Airasys site in a week or so.

If your interested you can check out http://airasys.com for more pictures and information.

Attached you will see a couple of pictures; let me know if you have any more questions.

Take Care
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	69821_330.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	42325  
Old 04-11-2003, 05:19 AM
shockwave

Default Another Picture

Another Picture

Name:	69822_330.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	42326  
Old 04-11-2003, 05:20 AM
shockwave

Default Bottom

Bottom

Name:	69823_330.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	42327  
Old 04-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

She is one awesome bird! Really only the best on the market short of scratch building it.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Nice picture of the raven in the new Model Aviation mag on pg 22.