Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Looking for a nice Stinson SR9 Paint Scheme

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Looking for a nice Stinson SR9 Paint Scheme

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 04:01 AM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a nice Stinson SR9 Paint Scheme

I'm looking for a very nice Stinson SR9 paint scheme. I would appreciate anyone who can either send me pictures of a link to a web site. I have a TF SR9 that will be done this summer and need to plan for the painting phase.

Thanks,
Old 04-17-2003, 12:29 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Go to www.stinsonreliant.com and you'll find hundreds of pics and some real nice paint schemes. I went on that web sight to see how make the ladders on mine.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:33 AM
KenR
My Feedback: (17)

Do not use the paint scheme shown on th eTop Flite box! It was made up for "saleability" of the kit. Bob Banka has that tail number listed and it is infact red and black but the wings and tail surfaces are totally different. Such a same for them to do that to us. I had mine covered before I knew it was incorrect.

Ken
Old 04-18-2003, 06:30 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Ken, thats the paint scheme I used, who cares if its incorrect and who's to say if it is or isn't. I have seen Stinsons in all sorts of colors. Besides that plane would still be beautiful if it was pink and purple. Oh and one more thing, I have seen a Full scale Stinson in that exact color and trim scheme.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:04 AM
KenR
My Feedback: (17)

rc_sport, if you like your plane that is just fine. After all it is yours. My previous words of caution where to someone who might want the trule color scheme, believing the one on the box was true. I have pics of that particular full scale aircraft by tail number so I know what it's true color scheme is. While the colors are correct, the layout is not. The original kit designer from Top Flite even told me why they changed the scheme for what they called " marketability". I agree it is a beautiful plane in almost any color. Some of the SR 10's where done in this design but different colors from what I have seen. Noticed one the other day which was had the black and red reveresed. It makes an awesome black plane!

Ken