Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what accessories do i need to get a gas car moving?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what accessories do i need to get a gas car moving?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:05 PM
frankwahl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what accessories do i need to get a gas car moving?

im new to gas cars and was looking at the Traxxas 1/10 Nitro Sport SE Stadium Truck RTR ( http://www.hobbytron.com/Traxxas-Nit...t-W-Radio.html <<link to site) and was wondering what would are the accessories i need to get the truck running properly. like fuel, batteries(if needed) etc...
thanks in advance
Old 09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
J_D

Default RE: what accessories do i need to get a gas car moving?

well u'd need a glow warmer, with a charger, a fuel bottle refiller, um... allen keys, screwdrivers, a glow plug wrench. batteries for your TX and RX um....patience, u need that for tuning lol. thats all i can think of at the moment.

You should just buy a "starter kit" has many of the things i mentioned up there. most hobby shops will sell a starter kit, or look on ebay.

When i first started with my truck, i had pretty much nothing.. but over time you will amass spares, i have a whole toolbox full of things for my truck now
Old 09-26-2005, 08:23 PM
J_D

hmm u might not need the glow warmer, I think those have an ez-start or something, but yea
Old 09-26-2005, 11:01 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Why do people say gas vehicles when they run on fuel that does not have any gas in them? Unless they are running one with a weed whacker type 2 cycle like and FG. Just like when you go to ebay you have gas and electric when most are fuel. O well. [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 09-26-2005, 11:10 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Cheaper here and you get to take $25 off that price with there special.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXJH00**&P=0
Old 09-26-2005, 11:26 PM
smokingcrater

Why do people say gas vehicles when they run on fuel that does not have any gas in them? Unless they are running one with a weed whacker type 2 cycle like and FG. Just like when you go to ebay you have gas and electric when most are fuel. O well.
yeah i agree, but there are people who think gas is a really unusual name for gasoline. gas means vapor, gasoline is a liquid product. at least the brits shorten petroleum to just petrol, but it still is grammatically at least the same substance, just shorter...

anyway, it DOES make for a really easy way to identify a newbie post! anyone actually getting into gasoline engines wouldn't be asking any of those questions because they would have served their time with glow already...
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 PM
J_D

hehe "weed whacker"

We call them "wipper snippers" here

but yea.. hes talking about NITRO not GAS or GASOLINE or petrol
Old 09-27-2005, 03:25 AM
Mad Wax

And we call them strimmers over here. Petrol=stuff that full size cars run on. Nitro=model RC engines with glow plug.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
firemanmatt

ORIGINAL: J_D

hmm u might not need the glow warmer, I think those have an ez-start or something, but yea

Correct. They do have an EZ start system on the Nitro Sports and Nitro Rustlers (I didnt see which one specifically you were looking at), so you wouldnt need a glow warmer.

The Jato is a step-up from that product, and made by the same company. Plus, you get a truck that supposedly goes 55mph right out of the box, versus somthing in the mid-30s on the Nitro Sports. They took the best parts of the Sports and Rustlers and used it on the Jato. If you're using this for racing purposes, the Jato might be a better buy for you. Less mods needed to get the fastest truck out on the track.

I agree though, a good starter kit comes with the battery pack and charger for the EZ starter, a fuel bottle, a quart of fuel, glow plug 6-way wrench, glue for the tires, glow plug warmer and charger, and a DVD for helping you understand how it all works and how to tune and maintain it all. Usually sells for about $70 at the hobby stores around where I live, and they claim it's over $100 worth of stuff you need.

Whatever you get, HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:23 PM
frankwahl

how long does fuel last in a 75cc tanks and is 1 quart a good amount
Old 09-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Mad Wax

What engine? What % of fuel? Revving it alot/braking/accelerating or just going at cruising speed with little variation? Usually though small scale RC cars last about 10-15 minutes with full tank (at least my OZ CZ-11 was like that) I fitted a much larger tank after a while.