Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Engine idling

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 07:51 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine idling

Ok, I don't have this stuff down yet, But I do have my car idling pretty good now, lasting over the 20 seconds that it should, but the smoke is white, and after its idled for a bit, smoke comes out from the engine also ( i think ) the smoke is white, and i can't feel any fuel when i put my hand infront, does this mean I need to richen it up? I jus changed all the tubing also, because the older stuff was leaking, new air filter and all so I can't see the carb now. Jus wondering why i would see white smoke.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:51 AM
kyokai2

Default Engine idling

I wouldnt worry much about the smoke out of the exhaust at idle, but under hard acceleration you should see a stream of smoke. Be more concerened about the temps, if its over 275 its too hot and that is a sign of being to lean. If your engine idles for 20 seconds I would say that your low end needle is set a hair to lean, try and make it so that the engine will start to load up after about 8-10 seconds. Ideal engine temps for .12 or .15 engines are 220-250 after some hard laps at full speed. Dont forget that you have to adjust your needles every day to achieve the proper needle settings and desired engine temps. Hang in there youll get it.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:13 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Engine idling

when you hit about 1/2 throttle or above you should see a thick blue smoke coming from the exhaust. if not you need to richen the lsn. It is not uncommon for lots smoke to not be coming from the ehaust at idle but if there isnt any, then you probably need richen the lsn alittle bit.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:42 AM
caseyddr

Default Engine idling

alright cool, i finally got it to idle through a tank w/o stalling, then i used the servo (w/ hand cuz my reciever pack has no charger as of now) and gave it throttle and it didnt die, and smoke was still there, I think I'm kinda getting this down I had to richen it up for it to run because of the weather. I'm lovin this guys! as soon as I Get the hang of this, im gonna buy a mugen MTX-3 to race in michigan im so excited. I can jus take this nova rossi .12 out and drop it into the MTX-3
Old 04-28-2003, 08:19 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Default Engine idling

are you doing a break-in? I hope you aren't idling it through the break-in...
Old 04-28-2003, 09:17 PM
caseyddr

Default Engine idling

nono it wasnt a new car, it was a trade lol Its not a problem now though i got it set up and ready to rip.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:11 AM
buyrbware
My Feedback: (2)

Default Casey

If you would get the heck off the computer, I could take my rc-10 up against your dime store car!!!!!

Its flying season however I can make time to kick your butt around the track!

Tom
Old 04-29-2003, 04:13 AM
caseyddr

Default Engine idling

LOL i'm sorry but throw some street tiers on your rc10 and u still would have no chance but i tried calling you a few times, even left you a message and you didnt reply! This week sometime we should get together, i should be getting my reciever pack charger5 soon, so I can finally drive the thing.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:19 AM
buyrbware

Default ha ha

Its got street tires!!!!!!! and i use airplane fuel (jet to be exact) sooooo.....your in trouble off on thursday and friday this week...That is if I don't get a road trip!

Tom
Old 04-29-2003, 04:21 AM
caseyddr

Default Engine idling

thursday works for me if it works for you, maybe friday also (been trying to get ready for senior prom) and you do know what i run in this car right ^_^ BTW I might need your help getting this servo in, nathan still hasnt been able to do it, the days he can i cant get to him before he closes. Anyways your help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-29-2003, 04:31 AM
buyrbware

Default Engine idling

Give me a call Thursday morning...Hoping to go flying but can probably swing both!

Tom
Old 04-29-2003, 04:38 AM
caseyddr

Default Engine idling

haha dont forget im still in school guy! I can call you around 3:30 though when i get back