Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

nitro crawler not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:17 AM
ozzie-crawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro crawler not?

two months ago i brought a x factor 2 or in oz a rampage as there called here. now starting of not knowing any thing about rock crawling set up a track in the park down the road from my house with a rock section that takes about 20-30 seconds to get threw then you go flat out threw a flat grass section down in to a rocky gully then up a steep difficult hill with tree roots and dirt ruts then back on to grass and around you go again. with the flat fast sections your truck has time to cool the clutch and motor. then i find this web site and it says iam not a rock crawler because i use a nitro. yes i know it will never go close to a electric purpose built crawler ( yes i do want one) but i have the most fun i have ever had with a rc car and i have raced both on and off road nitro and electric. maybe the nitro guys could use a track like i have described with rocky sections and fast sections to cool motor clutch etc .maybe we will need to come up with a new name for it as every time someone says nitro and crawler togethor they get shot down . does anyone have a good name for nitros that climb rocks
Old 05-11-2007, 07:38 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: nitro crawler not?

How about Xtreme Rock Racing...
Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 PM
ozzie-crawl

yea i like that. can smell the nitro burning
Old 05-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Armyclod

I usually call nitro crawlers............rock hoppers.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Anomie

I typically call them: noticeably absent.

Heh.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:17 AM
ozzie-crawl

rock hoppers not bad i just think if u set a course made just for nitro u can still do a bit of rock crawling just not as extreme as eletric but just as much fun in australia we dont have as many brands as the u.s.a or have the parts avaliable so sumtimes we have to do with what we can get i would love to build a crawler but unless i mail order it from the states i wont get it here. plus prices here are over double yours. i read on this forum sum where $100 dollars for rims and tyres here a set of axile bead locks and tyers will set u back $250 [&o] by the way reiko that is the best rig i have ever seen awsome
Old 05-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Anomie

Rock hoppers is a good name [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

You may end up starting another competition type, and I think that would be really good.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Lumpmister

There is a real type of racing called Rock Racing. It is like rock crawling, but with lots of speed and jumps. This might suite nitro rock rawlers
Old 05-12-2007, 05:20 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lump, thats were I got Xtreme Rock Racing from. [link=http://www.xrra.com/]XRRA[/link]
Old 05-12-2007, 07:32 PM
ozzie-crawl

yea now we are geting sum where looked at that xrra dogman could be just the thing got a question for you all on my x factor. if i dont want to lock the diffs completly wat can i use to give it more of a limited slip diff action. lhs only have light diff oil can i use a thick high temp grease any suggestions welcome