Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

kill swith keeps cutting out?????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

kill swith keeps cutting out?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 AM
apache 56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kill swith keeps cutting out?????

hi guys just intalling one of those so called great KILLER BEE kill switch .
ok set it up light comes on to show its activated. start the motor and with in a cupple seconds it shuts it down....................
ive tryed a difrent battery but no luck when it first was started it ran till i killed it with the carb(back throtaled-brake), but since first start up it dose this.
im running a j r fm,pll-synthesized radio.

any one have any idears.... ive now disconed it and will go back to running with out on this boat. ill try the other one ive got on the other boat and see if i have any more luck..
Old 07-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Jon DesJardins

Default RE: kill swith keeps cutting out?????

Looks like you have some avenues to explore.
Hope it works out with your set-up
Old 07-03-2010, 12:48 PM
FlogginHarvey

Man, frustrating. I have had great luck with the few I use but I am running Futaba FASST. I would check the typical cuprits and tripple check wiring and grounds always. When you say cutting out, is the light going off or blinking or is the light staying on and the motor cutting out?

I had a coil go bad on one motor and thought it was the fail safe for quite some time. If you have a spare coil it might not be a bad idea to R&R just to see if you are getting the same issues.

If all else fails I would pop Ken at KillerRC Switches a mail. He has responded almost instantaneously to my questions in the past if he is around a computer.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:08 PM
apache 56

ORIGINAL: FlogginHarvey

Man, frustrating. I have had great luck with the few I use but I am running Futaba FASST. I would check the typical cuprits and tripple check wiring and grounds always. When you say cutting out, is the light going off or blinking or is the light staying on and the motor cutting out?

I had a coil go bad on one motor and thought it was the fail safe for quite some time. If you have a spare coil it might not be a bad idea to R&R just to see if you are getting the same issues.

If all else fails I would pop Ken at KillerRC Switches a mail. He has responded almost instantaneously to my questions in the past if he is around a computer.

cheers mate for your nice polite reply. yes ive done some reading up last night on some forums. no the jr 3 chanel controled. seems to have some isues with the killer bees. from what ive read the is to much radio noise with that particular fm type set up. also end point settings. . ive got a 2.4 radio for my other boats so when i get some time ill install it . on the other boat and runn it . when i perchased it i asked ken at killer some questions regarding it and he recomended the v1 for the radio`s i have.
ill go back throw the wireing and resolder all points . but at this stage im just gessing interferance with theradio. it sets then when started cuts. ive disconected it now and motor strats and runns fine. (some on the car forums have had them sputtering with the sead radio also.).
well im not frustrated (right now,lol). im of boating for the day...... cheers..
Old 07-04-2010, 03:37 AM
MrMikeG

are you running 6v? a lot of failsafes have trouble if your not running a true 6v.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 AM
FlogginHarvey

You bet. Sounds like you are going down the right path. Check connections and if problems persist then shoot Ken a jingle or a mail. He will be happy to help you out. I had a few questions when setting up mine (going from Baja to Boat) and he straightened me right out.