Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Parts for Blata clone?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Parts for Blata clone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Speedyswede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts for Blata clone?

I am going to build myself a nice deep-v gas boat. Probably an Apache 64" or similar. I came acrossoneof these39cc Blata clone engines (see picture). As Iunderstandit is verymuch engine for the money!Cost equal to an .40 size nitro engine

My question is if there is any source for the parts I need convert the engine for the boat? Ihave understand thatI need an engine mount,a pipe, a "Walbro style" carb and a adaptor for the carb. Are these parts available to buy somwhere. Or must I build the mount, the pipe and the adaptor myself?Which carb is recommended?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61918.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1463269  
Old 07-05-2010, 05:34 AM
F1roddo

Default RE: Parts for Blata clone?

Hi Speedyswede,

Don't know much about these Blata engines, but you could try Tony at Viper hulls. He runs these sort of engines in his boats.

www.viperhulls.com

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 AM
rcguy1411

Default RE: Parts for Blata clone?

you can try MHZ for the mounts and pipes [link]http://www.mhz-powerboats.com/[/link]you can get the carb from them as well i would try a local pocket bike store i can get the carb and mount at mine [link]http://www.tsunamibike.com/catalog/item/5535391/5474378.htm[/link]you can also buy the pipe for a bike and have a local shop weld one to fit in your hull hope this gets you going in the right direction as i have been toying with the same project for a while now myself