Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Make it good or get a different one?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Make it good or get a different one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 08:37 AM
Anything rc is fun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Make it good or get a different one?

Hello all, so I have in my possession a very meaningful truck(I’m a very nostalgic person). It is an rs4 2 that originally my dad had back in 2000 ish, he had it and used it as his main on road(he did mostly off road nitro so this was one of his only nitro on roads) around 2010 when I was somewhat young he got some rs4 3s, both built to the hill, one electric one nitro. So he retired it, and a few years later, he converted it to electric for me to use, now years later (around 2020) I converted I back to nitro and although it was always running, it always felt insuperor. Not as good as the 3’s. Now like I said, this car means a lot to me, which is why I need help with 2 decisions, 1: buy a rs4 3 and leave this guy sitting on the shelf(because I really only need one nitro on road as I mostly do off road). Or 2: build this guy the best I can and have fun.

Now, I’d like to go with the ladder, however, I need your guys’ help. I don’t have a ton of experience with these belt drive ones, but the goal is to make this car as close to a rs4 3 as possible, when it comes to driveabilty at least. I would to do a 2 speed, so Andy help with that and especially clutch things, pulleys, belts, a lot of driveline stuff I want to make bulletproofSo help me out, if any of you had these trucks back then or have them now, advise me as to make this the best rs4 2 possible! You can of course tell me to just get a rs4 3, but I really do want to make this car work. It has a lot of value to me, also the reason I would not sell it ever.

thank you guys! Here are some pictures of it, the ones with the black body are from 2002, the orange body is current(the engine is not mounted, I can’t figure out a clutch situation