Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Bob Godfrey 30% Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Tony Bro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Godfrey 30% Ultimate

Hey Chip,
Me again. It occured to me as I was writing the other post that you once had the Bob Godfrey 30% Ultimate. I have been building on e for about two years( Iam a pilot so I am gone alot). I used the TOC size stab but used the scale elevators, sized up of course. I also added about a 1/4 inch on the height of the vertical stab and rudder. On the wings I lengthend the ailerons to be inside the prop wash. I have never modified anything before, but I wanted a top notch Ultimate mixed with the new breed of 3d aircraft. Since you are the Master of Ultimate's, I was hopeing you could tell me if my changes were worth my wild, And mabee give some tips on its charicteristics.

Thanks again,
Tony B
Old 12-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bob Godfrey 30% Ultimate

ORIGINAL: Tony Bro

Hey Chip,
Me again. It occured to me as I was writing the other post that you once had the Bob Godfrey 30% Ultimate. I have been building on e for about two years( Iam a pilot so I am gone alot). I used the TOC size stab but used the scale elevators, sized up of course. I also added about a 1/4 inch on the height of the vertical stab and rudder. On the wings I lengthend the ailerons to be inside the prop wash. I have never modified anything before, but I wanted a top notch Ultimate mixed with the new breed of 3d aircraft. Since you are the Master of Ultimate's, I was hopeing you could tell me if my changes were worth my wild, And mabee give some tips on its charicteristics.

Thanks again,
Tony B
Tony,

Going with the larger elev. was a good thing to do, now make sure you get 45 degrees of travel and you'll be set in the pitch dept. As for the Rudder increase, I don't think that will be noticeable in flight. The size of the original rudder was plenty effective if I remember correctly. (Its been about 10 years since I have flown mine) The Ail. increase was right on the money, it doesn't hurt to get those things inside the prop blast, and will really effect the handling and controlability in Harriers.

The main thing I remember about those planes was there glide slope. It was the only plane I ever had that you could dive deadstick from 1000 feet pull out right in front of yourself, do a 180 degree turn, and miss the runway short.<G> Make sure to set your timer..... Other then that they were good flying planes and normally weighed in around 20lbs with a 4.2c.i. engine in them. Its funny how things change, because the DV that I flew at the worlds was the exact same size and wing area at 11 pounds, and the 3d version is slightly larger at 13.5-14 pounds. Let me know if you have any other Q's and I do my best to help.

Chip