Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Team Associated Buyout

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 PM
firetacoma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated Buyout

Hello all-
After a number of years out of this sport I'm getting back into it. I have ALWAYS owned and loved Team Associated products. I personally feel they have a superior product and I liked the fact that they are (WERE) and American owned company. I was just doing some reading around and discovered they were bought out last year by a Taiwanese RC manufacturer. I don't know if this was discussed on these forums at all (though I did search to no avail) and was curious what everyone thought about the quality, service, etc. of Team Associated now that they are a division of Thunder Tiger.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Team Associated Buyout

I don't know, but I do know that the T4 is way too weak when compared to the previous cars. The T2 T3, B2, B3 were all tough cars. But these new ones are too weak. A cartwheel will usually break something, although it depends on how fast you were going.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
nitromustang

I have to agree,and most of everyone that I've talked to sat the same thing.Once thunder tiger took over the durability of there car/trucks has gone downhill from what it used to be.

Mike
Old 12-01-2006, 09:12 PM
scottywilkes

the MGT is still a awesome truck but it was designed and made in cooperation of AE and thunder tiger so that proly has somthin to do with it .
Old 12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
happywing

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

I don't know, but I do know that the T4 is way too weak when compared to the previous cars. The T2 T3, B2, B3 were all tough cars. But these new ones are too weak. A cartwheel will usually break something, although it depends on how fast you were going.
I just race my T4, so I don't know how it holds up to crazy bashing. Myself, I go months without breaking a part on my T4 and that's with weekly running. My arms usually wear out before they break. For as nimble as this truck is, I'm surprised by the strength.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
mindwreck

plus they're having a moving sale at the costa mesa store, something to do with the buyout?
If the buy out is true, i am sadden. I am an associated fan and have had my T2 for so long. The t4 is great too but more race oriented so its not too bash friendly. rpm needs to make some parts for the t4 then it will better
Old 12-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Team Associated and Thunder Tiger have been together for quite some time now .
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Mr. Mugen

this thread explains a lot to me. I never new of the buy out but did see the down fall of quality.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Doahh

umm... the T4 cam out before the buyout... Thunder tiger is not a Taiwanese company... and it's a moving sale... they are moving locations... not sure to where though
Old 12-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

AE had some type of connection with thunder tiger before the buy . AE has used Thunder Tiger`s engines in the GT for years .
Old 12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
firetacoma

Thunder tiger is not a Taiwanese company

From their own website: Thunder Tiger CORP. No.7.6th Road Industry Park Taichung.Taiwan R.O.C.407 Tel:886-4-23591616 FAX:886-4-23591902

Seems pretty Taiwanese to me!

Also, I did mention that this buyout happened last year... didn't say it was new, I just asked if there was a decline in service or quality.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: happywing

I just race my T4, so I don't know how it holds up to crazy bashing. Myself, I go months without breaking a part on my T4 and that's with weekly running. My arms usually wear out before they break. For as nimble as this truck is, I'm surprised by the strength.
I don't bash mine. But a wrong landing after a jump usually breaks something on my track
Old 12-07-2006, 08:34 PM
runout74

I heard that !!!

I bought two XTM X-Cellerator trucks for my boys 5yrs and 4yrs old. I bought an RC10T4 RTR Race Spec for me.

In the back yard my boys can bash the crap out of those XTM's and not break a thing. With my T4, all I have to do is catch something on the front wheels and I'm back to the tool box changing an aarm or bulkhead. My wife makes fun of me saying they are better drivers [sm=lol.gif] Ha Ha....not funny.

At the track is another story. Great truck !!!

Runout74
Old 12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
happywing

I don't bash mine. But a wrong landing after a jump usually breaks something on my track
This surprises me. I race a lot and honestly, I often change my suspension arms before they break. They are worn out.
Two weeks ago, I broke a front axle carrier. That was on a new track and I hit the wall at the end of a long straight. Something should break then.
I don't know. I have bad landings too (though I seldom cartwheel) and mine holds up great.