Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

4mm Retract Plumbing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

4mm Retract Plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4mm Retract Plumbing

The gear that I am putting in to my new model comes with Festos and nipples to fit 4mm tubing. Aside from spring down Eurokit gear that had 4mm fittings, everything else I have installed before uses 3mm or BVM tube. None of the valves (behotec/robart/Ultra Precision/BVM) that I have work with 4mm tube.

What has everyone else done when using gear with 4mm fittings?

Do you run 4mm throughout or step down to 3mm? What are the pros/cons? If you do step down to 3mm, do you do it near the gear or near the valve?

What valves/fittings are suitable? I've seen that you can get a JMP retract and fill valve for 4mm line but are there any others? The Jet-Tronics valves spec says that they are suitable for 4mm airline but is this a good fit? What about quick disconnects so that I can take the wing off?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 AM
shepp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 1.9 M Futura came with 4mm air fittings on the retracts. I used 4x3 mm festo couplings to reduce to 3 mm for valves. I did this close to the retract units and ran 3mmlines and "T's" like normal. No issues so far and the gear works fine. I will probably do the same on the large Futura

Shepp
Old 10-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Jet Tronic have double stepped nipples.,first for 3mm second for 4mm. EvoJet valves can be ordered with either 3 or 4mm connections.
Or you could change the nipples for 3mm size as they are almost certainly 5mm thread into the cyclinder
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM
FenderBean

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

You can add 3 to 4mm fittings(festo or metal tube)
my electronic valve had 3mm but also had 4mm ends you could swap.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I have plumbed my last two jets with 4mm. One has the FEJ all in one valve with 4mm fittings and the other has jettronics elec valves which have a dual fitting already mounted in the valve. Be sure to use only festo tubing and festo fittings. One of my jets did come with a mech valve that had 4mm ends on it. I believe it is German manufacture as my jet came from grumania models.
Vin...