Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

best 10th scale onroad nitro

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 12:12 PM
madf1man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best 10th scale onroad nitro

Hello I,ve been racing elec onroad for awhile now with an Xray.Its a very tuff car.Now I am going to run nitro onroad what do you guys think is the tuffest car.Im looking for a tuff car,easy to tune chassis.Any advise would be appreciated.Thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 01:42 PM
GeorgeKelp
My Feedback: (1)

HPI rs4 3 type ss or team associated Nitro tc3.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:27 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are running an x-ray, I say check out the serpent. After all, the x-ray's suspension design is modeled after the serpent.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:37 PM
madf1man

Thats kinda what I was thinking about,but I wasn,t sure how much I should worry about shaft drive or not.Also do you know if the set up of serpent is as nice as the Xray.Has anyone found belts to be a problem at all.I generally run on designated tracks so rocks should not be a concern I guess.Again any and all advise needed Thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 06:19 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

No, if thats all you are doing, you will be fine! Some people even run in parking lots with belt drive and are ok. Also look at the Trinity Reflex NT.

-Kevin
Old 04-29-2003, 09:15 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Serpent or Mugen for sure, they are just superior in every way. NOw heres the problem.

Serpent is alot harder to get ahold of part wise than the Mugen. But if your a good driver, its not a problem !
Old 04-29-2003, 09:56 PM
madf1man

I don,t mind calling serpent USA in florida for parts.I assume they are always there.No one locally stocks them.Should there be a problem with that.Why do you feel they are superior to an HPI or tc3
Old 04-29-2003, 10:05 PM
caseyddr

first of all, the HPI is more less for bashing, and the NTC3 is good yes, but the serpent and mugens are jus better designed, there chassis, drive train, and shock setup are jus all superior. (reading of course i cant afford either at moment)
Old 04-29-2003, 10:09 PM
Rex2342

From what I understand the HPI cars aren'y good racers unless heavily modified.I have a Type SS thats pretty modified but I've never raced or even seen a race other than what I see on the forums and some websites.The TC3 seems better suited for racing duty than an HPI kit but once again Iv'e never seen one actually race.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:29 PM

Yokomo GT-4!!!
Old 04-29-2003, 10:36 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by 987982
Yokomo GT-4!!!
joke right? lol
Old 04-29-2003, 11:19 PM
madf1man

Casey I take it you don,t like the yoko,me neither in electrics.I,m new to the nitro scene.So far it sounds like mugen or serpent.I like serpent.Now which model?Is the 705? the good one to get.I prefer to build myself and would like for it to have all the needed hop ups as opposed to having to go out and purchase a1/4 of the kit elsewhere to beef it up.I want an 1/10 nitro run on foams or rubber. What size engines do you guys typically run ,15,s?Thanks for all ya,lls help
Old 04-29-2003, 11:21 PM
caseyddr

most extremely high end TC racers put .12's in because they are race legal. They basically get the same top speed, jus take a bit longer to get there. Look into the MTX-3 thats the mugen version in kit form. not sure about serpent.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by CaseyDDR
joke right? lol
Hell no u ever driven one?

Thats what i thought
Old 04-30-2003, 01:26 AM

Yokomos KILL, and you can buy the pro kits and put your own engine/radio in them, and they have lots of hop ups
Old 04-30-2003, 01:30 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by 987982
Yokomos KILL, and you can buy the pro kits and put your own engine/radio in them, and they have lots of hop ups
OFNA has a pro kit, doesnt make it the best :-/
Old 04-30-2003, 01:37 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The current serpent sedan is the 705. The racing engines of choice are rear exhaust 12s.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:52 PM
rogers259

I personaly run a NTC3. Took it out of the box put it together and took it to the track stock. Smoked hpi's, serpants etc STOCK!!
I've had hpi's an MTX-3 and a GT-4 (sold them all to get this) and as far as durability the NTC3 can take a heck of a beating. I would recomend getting the AL diff cases as that was first thing i did bust while takeing a corner to sharp.
Dont know bout your LHS but mine always has parts instock as well as the hopups. Kfactory is putting out great hopups. (but due to being overwhemled they are taking their good ol time getting parts out.)

as far as price goes im sure there are cheaper kits, u get what u pay for. Just take alook at your RC car mags. and check out the race results ...a large majority of people out there are running NTC3's

out of all the cars i've ever owned this one is the most fun to run, very easy to tune and holds up to just about anything. It's fast stock ...and screams when u throw a turbo in it

But this is all just my opinion

kfactory upgrades -Carbon Radio Plate,Carbon lft brace,Carbon Bumper Top Brace, Alum. Center Bulkhead,Low CG Fuel Tank,Alum. Steering Servo Mount, AL. F&R arm mounts, Carbon Shock Tower w/Alum. ShockMount, Alum. Swing Rack Set, HD front oneway, centax racing clutch
Hardcore racing- TI screw set (dont get waste of money!!!)
Golden Horizons-7075 Chassis Silver NTC3, T-6 Blue drive shaft, rear drive cup
IRS front drive cup
Associated- lightweight two speed hub, lightweight two speed housing
& TI turnbuckles & AL diff cases

I had fun upgrading my car LOL!!!!! good thing my wife loves me
Old 04-30-2003, 07:05 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Turbo's are illegal for racing though.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:12 PM
rogers259

yes i know and i have a different engine that i run for real races, i also dont run the spool diff and the HD front oneway in those races as well.

However my local track runs a unlimited class(anything goes) i have that motor and the other stuff for that class only takes me about 20 min. to switch out for that class and it alows me to run an extra time that day.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:20 PM
madf1man

Hey rogers259 you,ve got mail,thanks for the input but I,m sorry to say I,m more confused.Seems like everyone has a different point of veiw which I do understand. I,m big on reliability and ease of repairs and tuning and it seems like serpent 705 has this and does not require a bunch of hop ups.Is that correct?
Old 04-30-2003, 07:35 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by madf1man
Hey rogers259 you,ve got mail,thanks for the input but I,m sorry to say I,m more confused.Seems like everyone has a different point of veiw which I do understand. I,m big on reliability and ease of repairs and tuning and it seems like serpent 705 has this and does not require a bunch of hop ups.Is that correct?
correct, and when he is talking about NTC3 winning all the races, thats because they have team drivers that get payed unlimited $$ and there job is TO WIN! Dont let him fool you, your best choice is the serpent or mugen.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:26 PM
rogers259

i wasnt trying to confuse anyone! i just feel that the NTC3 in my case has been the best car. and I will put it up againt a serpant or mugen any day. BUT like i e-mailed madf1man, u have to go w/ the car that u can get parts for and yourLHS is gona support u. If u have to wait 2 weeks for a front arm and u keep that up for a while u end up getting pissed at the hobby and quite.

Now in my case my LHS carries associated parts and kits so for me its easier to choose a associated car. But i have also owned HPI's and a GT-4 and a MTX-3 i SOLD all due to lack of parts availablity. the NTC3 is the 1st car i've owned that i've been truely happy w/.

Also like i mentioned to madf1man in my e-mail to him I was winning and doing well with this car STOCk out of the box. i didnt start upgrading my car till i took a corner to hard and cracked a front diff case and broke a lower bumper. (this BTW is all i've ever broken on this car and i pretty much race it every weekend.) so to me i feel that this care is very durable.

i wasnt TRYing to fool anyone i was just presenting my side and i resent u(CaseyDDR) accusing me otherwise. Besides My best friend races a serpant and he's quite happy with it. But in my area he cant find parts for it. In fact his car's been sitting at home the last three weekends w/ a broken front end. AWAITING PARTS!!!

In my opinion it doesnt matter what u drive as long as u can get parts for the car. And yes team members get paid to race but u know what I find its alot more fun to go and win than it is to go and lose. And if everyone is driving a NTC3 and winning than thats what i'll buy (if i can get parts for it)

But like i said before this is just my opinion
Old 04-30-2003, 08:49 PM
caseyddr

Here we go with the BS of "if your LHS doesnt support it dont get it" or "what your LHS is best" bullcrap. If your a good driver, you can have whatever car you want because you arent going to be breaking as many parts. The Serpent, although it may be harder to get parts cuz you have to mail order, is a much superior car. If the team drivers decided to drive them not only would there times be faster, but there win count would be higher. The best way to decide which car would be better (in your case) would be to drive your car and record a set ammount of laps after car is ready, then do same with serpent with the exact same gear (ie servos reciever engine pipe) and you'll see the advantage in your run times. As for the NTC3 being durable, all i hear are complaints about it being very brittle.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:22 PM
rogers259

heh u know what u can whine all u want i will be the better racer because I will be out on the track racing and not waiting for parts.

Here we go with the BS of "if your LHS doesnt support it dont get it" or "what your LHS is best" bullcrap. If your a good driver, you can have whatever car you want because you arent going to be breaking as many parts
again i refer to my prior statement above the only way to get better is race cant do that w/ a car sitting at home waiting for parts.

The best way to decide which car would be better (in your case) would be to drive your car and record a set ammount of laps after car is ready, then do same with serpent with the exact same gear (ie servos reciever engine pipe) and you'll see the advantage in your run times.
---->
Besides My best friend races a serpant and he's quite happy with it. But in my area he cant find parts for it. In fact his car's been sitting at home the last three weekends w/ a broken front end.
what part of he has a serpant did u miss? I always race w/ my friend considering the track is at his place. We both have the same engines, both run 20%, both use a JRXS3 radio setup...etc i still wipe the floor with him and his car.

As for the NTC3 being durable, all i hear are complaints about it being very brittle.
Again i've been racing this car 3+ months now pretty much now stop on the weekends i've only managed to break a diff case(which is a known problem w/ this car.) and a bumper. i've rolled, clipped things, slammed it into a parking bench...IVE ONLY BROKEN THAT STUFF!!! u cant tell me this things brittle. its built like a tank.

I tell u what next time im out w/ my friend i'll race mine and time it and then i'll race his and time it ...I'll let u know which one does better. (course that could be a few weeks were waiting for backordered parts)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.