Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Kit vs. RTR

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 07:59 PM
JBHornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit vs. RTR

Hello,

I am confused on this one issue . . . KIT vs. RTR!!!

How complex is it to build a kit like the Kyosho Mad Force with a Picco .26, Hitec 3CH FM radio, and other minor upgrades? Is this a good first-timers kit?

How long do they take to build? This would be my first nitro car. I have worked with an electric buggy for a few years now.

If a kit is the way to go, what is the best MT?

Thanks,
JB
Old 05-24-2003, 08:36 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Default Kit vs. RTR

its goes like this.

if your not very good with your hands, and arent able to build regular models with some good reults, id say stick to the rtr.

if your good with your hands and can handle building a regular model and have a good looking finished product a "kit" would be a piece of cake.

some will say buy the kit so you will know how it works and goes together in event of a break down, and i agree 100% but if your not able to do it or have more money than time, you will also end up bringing it to the lhs to have them fix it.

so in kit form
(1) good mechanical ability-not a scientist but you gotta know what a philips is.
(2) be willing to spend the day putting it together
(3)have the proper space,TIME, and tools to do the job RIGHT the first time.

if you have the above three get the kit and learn how it works.
if not buy the rtr.

the kyosho mad force is a good truck. the hop-ups afterward are cake. if you know how to put togther a bicycle or change your own oil the hop ups are nothing.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:46 PM
flyingjibus

Default Kit vs. RTR

if someone does'nt have the manual dexterity to put together a kit then they will never be able to drive the car in question.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:29 PM
grampi

Default Kit vs. RTR

Good luck finding an MT in kit form. I didn't think the Mad Force was available in kit form. If it is, it's the only MT I know of that is.