Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what ever hapened to panda brand rc cars?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what ever hapened to panda brand rc cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 03:32 AM
glock19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what ever hapened to panda brand rc cars?

I rmember a friend of mine had a stafium truck by them.
I think they were kinda popular in the early 90s
Old 04-29-2003, 05:09 AM
hpiguy

They went the way of the Dodo bird. i.e. extinct
Old 04-30-2003, 03:34 AM
Krusty

I have two of them! Bought them in the early 90's. Both of them are the Earnhardt's '86 Monte Carlo. They cost only $99.00 (without radio of course)! And were about 90% completed. They have a .10 engine which is mounted in an in-line configuration. It's a real nice setup. The cars came with red-anodized aluminum shocks and an aluminum chassis. I replaced the treaded rubber tires with foamies (they work much better). The quality was there and they would run real nice if you went over the parts and fine-finished them for fit. I have lots of extra parts that I bought at the time including extra clutches and engine parts (piston and sleeve). The one thing that did go bad was the transmission. One of the intermediate shafts bored a hole through the plastic transmission case. I replaced that and placed a "wear washer" up against the shaft and case. Problem solved! I'm sure with a larger modern engine, they would fly! Too bad they are not available anymore.