Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

my car won't start please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:35 PM
fetoex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car won't start please help

I bought an HPI Nitro RS4 RTR 3 two weeks ago and after breaking it in the exact way the manual said and running it about 15 times over the two weeks, I ran it 3 times this past Sunday. I took a break for a while and then went back to start it again. It started, then shut off, started again, shut off, started again, ran for 5 seconds, then shut off. I haven't been able to get it started since then.

The glow plug lights up bright orange, the glow plug igniter is charged fully, the fuel was bought a few days before and worked fine on the other runs, the engine is not flooded, fuel is flowing through the tubes, all of the adjustments are at factory setting, and the piston in the engine seems to be working fine, I cleaned the car's components completely and it still won't work. When I yank the pull starter, it makes a weird noise, like it wants to start but something is holding it back. I checked all the troubleshooting tips I could find, but nothing I do seems to help.

Please, if anyone has had a problem like this or knows what else could be wrong with my car, reply to this message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:46 PM
dg2b

Good description of the issue. Sounds like a the low needle is lean. Richen your low needle to 1/8 or 1/4 turn and try again.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:54 PM
Rex2342

Originally posted by dg2b
Good description of the issue. Sounds like a the low needle is lean. Richen your low needle to 1/8 or 1/4 turn and try again.
If all the needles are at factory then it's to rich.Try leaning the low speed needle 1/8 and try it again.If it still doesn't work the try leaning the high speed needle 1/8 turn and try giving it a little throttle when pulling the pull-start.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:48 AM
buyrbware
My Feedback: (2)

How about before messing with the needles we tell you how to do this!

install a piece of fuel tubing on the nipple open the carb 1millimeter about the end of a pin. completely close the low end needle. blow into the fuel hose and slowly open the low end when you hear a slight hiss coming from the thoat STOP! mixture is correct.

Try and start car!

Tom