Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Matched blade sets

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Matched blade sets

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 12:44 AM
Schafe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matched blade sets

When I break a main rotor blade, I have been pulling a blade from a replacement set. I balance that blade with the original non-broken one, both CG and total weight. I figure I can save a few $$ this way. Is this a good or bad idea? Does it really matter that the blades did not come from the same package?
Old 12-31-2003, 01:43 AM
dorme1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Matched blade sets

I don't think it matters that much, I mean yeah you're going to have to find cg on both and then put the tape on one of them...I just got done doing that for the first time, seems to have worked pretty good, almost no vibration on start up, once past a certain point it's rock solid. I did order carbon fiber blades from helihobby, supposedly pre balanced, I'll let you know when I get 'em.