Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

HB Rotor triming.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

HB Rotor triming.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 02:22 PM
techcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB Rotor triming.

I went to my hobby shop yesterday and found out that apparently the HB v2 has an inherant problem with the main and tail rotors. They simply are far to big to accomidate this little heli. They told me that I should buy the crash kit and use the older style rotors instead. On top of that, they told me to trim off the trailing edge by about 3/16. Not the whole way, but just the point of the trailing edge.

Has anyone heard of this mod???? Everyone that I talked to that day (there were about 3 others there with HB's) said that the heli had less vibrations, more responsive, longer flight times, and a much more stable flight. I just wanted to find out if someone else has tried this here, if not... I can post pics of the mod later on this week. Or if anyone thinks this could be or is totaly bogus I'd like to hear some feedback!! Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:30 PM
MUGGA

Default RE: HB Rotor triming.

I think I have the same problem. I just put long blades on my v1 and it's just too unstable
Old 02-06-2004, 03:57 PM
joe1
My Feedback: (9)

Techcoast, could you post the pictures of the Mods to Rotor Blades, etc.
Thanks, joe1[8D]
Old 02-06-2004, 07:03 PM
techcoast

No problem,

I'm actually creating a new site for newbies like myself and I'll be putting on a lot of set-up stuff that you might be interseted in. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for things to put in there please let me know!!!!

[email protected]
Old 02-06-2004, 07:27 PM
darkside212
My Feedback: (73)

Trimming the blades causes the head speed to increase which results in a more stable heli.
I wouldn't trim the blades on the tail rotor only the main blades. Do it in very small increments (too much is too late). I trimmed the tips of my blades and had good results.

That's really weird that you got longer blades with just a regular V2. The longer blades were designed for the "scale" hummingbirds that needed more lift from the longer blades.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:46 PM
techcoast

check it out!! it's up now!! give me some feedback and let me know how to improve it, or if you have an idea to put up, let me know!! (I'm also looking for pics to put up!!!)

http://home.earthlink.net/~ibsniper/