Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Treaded VS Slicks

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 03:56 AM
razor XT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Treaded VS Slicks

I come to the time where I need to replace my tires and not sure what to get. I currently have V- Grove style tires and someone is telling me to get slicks. I'm not really a racer I just drive mine for fun in empty parking lots. What will be the difference between the two. I have a 4WD Megatech Razor XT. Should use a pair of each like my Friend is telling me or is this guy just stupid.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:55 AM
Rex2342

I ran slicks on my rs4 ss once they gripped really well but wore out fast.If your just bashing get something cheaper. I tryed foam once too the were fun on the blacktop and wore out pretty fast too but it didn't matter because a pair of rims and tires were about the same price as a pair of rubber tires.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:19 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

the treaded tires give you longer lasting times with them, but not near as much control as slicks, and if you want maximum control, go with foamies. But since you jus parking lot bash, get some treads, taht way you dont have to replace them constantly.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:23 AM
Rex2342

The foams wore out almost just as fast as the rubber but the lot I was runnning on had really rough pavement so it worked out to better with foams because they were cheaper but I found a better place to run so I'm using treaded tires again and they are lasting longer now.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Unstable

the real diffrence you will notice with slicks is skid control .

with a slick when you break traction (enter a skid) it will be sudden as will the "hook up" be when you skid stops.
also slicks on dirty pavement will result in a slide.

groved tires have less grip but the skid is more predictable and hooks up smoother. also they will handle better when there is dirt on the pavement.

if you are just bashing in parking lots just get the treaded tires, you dont need the grip slicks will get you and you wont have to worry about some grit on the road messing you up.