Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Short Aileron Linkage

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Aileron Linkage

Hi All
I am setting up a Radiowave Panzel, the Aileron servo arms are three inches away from the nelson horn in the aileron.
I want to have a slop free setup, only haveing 3 inches, what type of linkage to the servo arm to aileron is best?

Thanks in advance

Bill
Old 06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Short Aileron Linkage

Use hanger nine Titanium rods with ball links..left and right handed threads, makes adjustments a cinch!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's probably the easiest way, but there are others. Use good ball links between both ends.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

How do you like the Panzl so far? I have the 35% Extra. The wings on the two planes are exactly the same... just different scheme. If my hinges ever get ehre I'll be using the pro-links with dubro hd ball links for the ailerons.

FWIW... the only mod I've made to the plane are landing gear alum angle iron reinforcements and a new firewall... the orginal was far too long for a DA-100. I also replaced the wing tube with carbon. Like I said, I'm waiting for my hinges and my cannisters... things take freaking forever to get through the mail up here... I hate it.