Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Telebee Gyro

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Magic Hook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telebee Gyro

I have a Telebee gyro on a Trex 450. TX is a DX 7 with the 0 & 1 rate at 72%. The tail servo is a Futaba S9650. The TX is set for Gear / Gyro the gyro is plugged into the rudder and gear channel, single yellow is in the gear slot, yellow on the black side. I am trying to set up the tail per the Finless vid. My question is this. Stick left full, the servo moves left normal speed and returns to center. Stick right, servo moves half the distance normal then very slow to end of travel and returns slow. No sub trim adjustment seems to help. Any ideas? Do I need a new gyro?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Druss

Default RE: Telebee Gyro

remove the gyro from the system (plug tail servo directly into the rudder channel) to make sure the gyro is the problem. make sure you don't have any mixing or D/R or expo on the rudder channel.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Magic Hook

Thanks Druss. I just checked and the DR is at 100% and there is no Expo. When I unplugged the gyro the servo worked fine. What I discovered was the sensitivity on the gyro itself was only about 25%. The fin vid said use 100%. I went back and did the setup again setting my TX gyro setting below 50%, then back to 72 after the rudd servo was set and it seems okay now but I am kicking myself for not getting a better gyro. Seems every time I cut that cost corner I get bit in the backside. Thanks again for helping with with my learning curve.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 PM
xodarap1

I had the same situation when setting up the 401 on the H550 and solved it by making sure the Travel Adjust for the rudder was set both ways at 100%, then used the servo arm and link ends to adjust the travel range. Increasing the rudder to 100% made the servo move faster in both directions compared to what it did when they were set at 60% and 40%. I do have a Telebee on my king2 and that same travel adjustment increased the yaw rate for that heli too. *I'm using AUX2 channel instead of gear.. not sure if that makes any difference though..
Old 03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Magic Hook

I appreciate that tip and will change the servo arm to make the throw shorter because its only on about 40% now. Its working better, but that is a easy fix. My receiver does not have a Aux 2 though. I am finding that setting up the tail and the gyro to be my biggest challenge since starting into heli's.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Skarn

One thing to remember is that when in HH mode on the ground, the gyro behaves differently than when in the air. Many a newcomer gets confused by this. On the ground in HH mode, if you give rudder input, it will not recenter itself as it is expecting the tail to move and since it hasn't, it remains there.

Skarn