Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What's a good engine choice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good engine choice?

I have recently aquired a HPI Nitro RS4 rtr 3. Not the Evo but I am not complaining because a neighbor just gave me this thing. It has the stock motor and 2speed upgrade and I went through the whole thing and fixed it back to a new condition. It sat 2years with fuel in it so it was all gummed up but he only ran a quart through it. It took me 14 bucks to get it back to normal and running tops.

Now here is my question, what is good choice of engine that will be quick and cheap for this car. I changed out the carb on the stock 15 to a two needle one with a bigger bore from my spare motors and it seems to have made a bit of difference but I want a bit more oomph. This is my first onroad nitro car, so I dont want to go overboad, no sence is going 70mph if you can't control it, and I don't plan on racing either, at least not yet. So I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: What's a good engine choice?

Oh yeah I also forgot, what about a clutch and flywheel upgrade. The stock is just a 2 shoe set up. What do you all recommend? Thanks again.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.S. .18CV-RX $110.00 i love mine, its an awesome engine with good power, that is the slide carb version, if you do that, you will need this $2.89 as a conversion for the servo

as for the clutch, this HPI Racing adjustable clutch works really well, i have this as well and it does help takeoffs, you can adjust it for low engagement, medium, or high for the most powerful takeoff, and as for the flywheel, you can use hpi's lightened version ( http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXM759&P=7 ) $17.59 or the basic version ( http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLS47&P=7 ) $4.79, i have the basic version but i drilled it out to lighten it (it somehow had perfectly symmetrical dots on it so i drilled through those)
Old 07-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Deeooo

Will that OS engine use the rotostart backplate that came with the nitrostar .15 motor? (the stock engine on the rs4 3 evo rtr)