Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

arrowshark

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
pcg33k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arrowshark

I'm thinking of getting one of these has anybody bought one and if so how did it run? Here's the link I found one one ebay for $532 and it doesn't come with a radio gear.
http://www.arrowshark.com/fighter.php
Old 08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
doomracing

Default RE: arrowshark

nice hull
Old 08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
pcg33k

I haven't seen to many videos or users with this makes me a little sceptical. Is it junk?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
doomracing

sorry but i have no clue []
Old 08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
tc4 drft

Yup, arrowshark pooped out a cat hull. Some nice features...clutch, oil fed drive cable, dual exhausts. I read about this boat when I was about to purchase a gasser. I bought the KOS instead. Looks WAAAAAY better. I just cant get over how ugly that hatch is on the arrowshark. That alone totally ruined it for me. Although the KOS doesn't have a clutch, thats not a big deal to me. And as stated, the Arrowshark doesn't come with a radio. The oil fed cable is nice if, but a lot of guys just grease theirs up before running. That's what I've always done, and I've never had a cable failure. As for the dual exhausts...Ehhhh! Cool yes, but just adds weight to an already heavy boat since it has a clutch, water pump and bulky aluminum hardware. I've only seen one guy in the forums with one. I'm sure it works fine, but if there's a KOS or Segad on your lake, you will most likely loose the race, and any attention as well. The KOS looks like the real thing. However, the arrowshark is cheaper. And if you ever flip the arrowshark, you'll notice that it has auto baliers on each side of the rear sponson. Once upside, these will allow air into the hull, thus making sinking much easier to occur. Better pack it with a lot of floatation, or get rid of the bailers all together. Just and FYI.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
dicko

The arrowshark hulls are competiteve to race if set up correctly. The one running at out club on Sunday was well ahead of the seaducer cat & won a few heats.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:13 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess its personal choice i happen to like the looks of that cat,i wouldnt however buy a rtr one unless it had a genuine zenoah instead of a cheap clone .Arrowshark make decent hulls and as said a few are pretty fast with the right motor,have to question why they continue to use those motors as theyre not great,then again neither is the fuji they use in the RIO over at Aquacraft .
Mart
Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 AM
wayneuk01

Was it the arrowshark fighter cat that was running ? Ive Been waiting for a video of one running other than the arrowshark video with the under powered engine !!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also intrested in a Fighter Cat , I currentley own an Octane 45 by Arrowshark and it's an excellent hull , very strong and stood up to tons of abuse over the past year . If the Fighter Cat hull is the same quality I will definetly get one it's $700 ARTR ( no motor ) then you can install your own powerplant.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 AM
martno1fan

Hows the octane run? i like the looks of it any video .
Old 08-27-2008, 11:43 AM
jokerracing

Hi martno1fan!

From what i know, the Octane45 bottom is a copy from a AC Lazer45, the top is arrowshark design.
I have a Arrowshark Flying Dragon for my children, its rather thin in the glassing.
The Flying Dragon is a copy of Delta Force 90. Go for the original hulls.
Engine and hardware is of "toy quality" but okay for the children to have fun.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: jokerracing

Hi martno1fan!

From what i know, the Octane45 bottom is a copy from a AC Lazer45, the top is arrowshark design.
I have a Arrowshark Flying Dragon for my children, its rather thin in the glassing.
The Flying Dragon is a copy of Delta Force 90. Go for the original hulls.
Engine and hardware is of "toy quality" but okay for the children to have fun.
Yea im well aware of the sub par motors from them but to be honest the guys i know who have a cpl of theire hulls all say they are good quality and the price is good especially for us sports boaters.Thanks for the info about the hull been same as the lazer it should be fast then .I have no intentions of buying a rtr version just a hull maybe and stick a zen in there.
Mart
Old 09-01-2008, 08:19 AM
arrowshark
My Feedback: (1)

i have bought 2 arrowsharks will not buy again stick with an american boat both ready to run boats i bought i had to gut out and redo with quality parts and motors i also found the engine rails on both very weak and not reinforced. yes they look good in the pictures and video but you will be disapointed.

again just my opinion!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:22 AM
korkka

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Yea im well aware of the sub par motors from them but to be honest the guys i know who have a cpl of theire hulls all say they are good quality and the price is good especially for us sports boaters.Thanks for the info about the hull been same as the lazer it should be fast then .I have no intentions of buying a rtr version just a hull maybe and stick a zen in there.
Mart
Well, thats weird...

I got one and the engine is great! Doing steady 45 mph everytime and the best is little over 50 at stock form... ah well, I had to replace the source coil though...
My brother has one too and is doing over 40 easy, needs more fuel through to loosen up good and we will see if it gets to 45 as well, same thing with the source coil on that one too.
The originals have limiters I guess, both did only 11500rpm before...
Hulls are strong on both ones, I know, I have beached mine...
The old version of hardware did leave some room for improvement, agreed, but I dont know about the new edition, wich is sold now days, they seem better...

Cheers!

edit: come to think of it...
My boat is Windrider, it has steel tuned pipe with 90* header, can be adjusted to good length, most guys I have heard complain about motor performance were driving with a Flying Dragon, which has a solid welded wtc steel pipe...
Maybe it is that Arrowshark did not get that pipe to perform good enough...? maybe those probs are in the pipe instead of engine?