Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

house of balsa at-6 micro

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
cap85king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default house of balsa at-6 micro

House of Balsa currently sells an AT-6 Texan kit that is electric powered. I am thinking about getting this airplane but I want to see what other people think about it before I get it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39902.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	667184  
Old 04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: house of balsa at-6 micro

I have built this kit. I enjoyed building quite a bit. Teh only thing I recall being an issue is that I belevie this was not a lasure cut kit and I had difficulty pulling pieces apart. Other than that the instructions were well written and the pieces fell together quite nice. I was very happy with the final product
My flight experience did not end up well. I was a a slightly better than beginner pilot at the time, together with the fact I beleive the 400 speed brushed direct drive system a bit underpowered, left me with a pile of sticks that I could never get back together correctly I love this hobby!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12266.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	667192  
Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
jzrf6c

I saw your picture of the AT-6 and don't understand the issue. I've done much worse to my planes. Some of the 6 ounces now weigh 8 or 9 ounces due to the added glue! My wife even calls my old trainer my Timex! It's taken a licken and keeps on flying. I think there's more epoxie than balsa now.

Bottom line - don't be afraid fly - fix - fly!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:09 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Believe me, I've fixed, refixed and fixed again

I've moved on to many other planes