Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

mig 15

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

mig 15

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 03:10 PM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mig 15

Guys i have a mig 15 with a 54" wingspan and a fuse length of 48". the wings are not removable, the fuse is made form polyester glass.

does anyone know any details of who made this kit.

Thanks

Alan...
Old 01-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: mig 15

Hi Alan,

The only mig that size that I can think of was made by DCU now JetMArt. If I remember correctly, they were made with epoxy fuse since the start. I had a couple of them and they were great fliers.

I could be wrong but one thing I'm pretty sure of - All of them (Mig-15s) fly GREAT.

Adil.

Happy New Year !!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:36 PM
3DHELINUT

Adil the next time you are at U-fly you can look at it, i will keep it there for a while. I will need to find out the CG on this plane.

Thanks and Happy New Year
Alan...
Old 01-02-2005, 10:12 AM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Alan,

If it is the DCU, the CG is 7 1/2" back from the leading edge where the wing meets the fuse. I have the plans if you would like to take a look. Let me know the next time you will be down at U-fly or call to stop by my house.

Mark Mallory
Old 01-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Alan, I bet you that it is a byron jet. You got pics of it?
Old 01-02-2005, 08:07 PM
3DHELINUT

Ram-Bro, i don't think it is a byron. it is smaller than my byron F-86 which was the same size as there Mig. the mig i have belongs to a friend who just got it from an ebay auction and it came with a ram 500. the Mig has a top hatch that extends 1/3 of the fuse. Adil you may be right about it being a DCU kit. Marc when you get a chance if you can scan and email me the manual i would appreciate it or copy it and drop it off at U-Fly would be great. I have the pleasure of getting this bird ready for flight by spring.

Thanks
Alan.....
Old 01-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

Hi Alan,

If this plane is painted in the Russian (red/white) paint scheme and the seller was in CA, then it is a Byron Mig. I know who originally built it with a conversion. The hatch was cut on top. It was originally set up with a GWM FD3/67 engine and flew great. The conversion to RAM500 was done by subsequent owners. I think it was for sale here on RCU a while back before ending up on Ebay.

The reason I know all this is I was interested in it a few years back from the original owner. I did buy that engine from this plane - it is in my JHH Mirage right now.

I'll know for sure once I look at it at UFLY. BTW, the Byron mig is/was much smaller than the Byron F-86.

Adil
Old 01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
3DHELINUT

Adil, after i did some further inspection of the mig i believe now that it is a byron. there seemm to be a filled in cheater hole. Yes it is red and white...

i will need to do some modes to get the ram 500 in it and it will need some servo upgrades. it has JR 811 servos on elev and ail. I thought the mig was the same size as the f86 but thanks for pointing out that it was smaller. email me when you will be going over to U fly and i will try to meet up with you there.

Thanks
Alan......