Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G4/G3.5 compatibility

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G4/G3.5 compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Pa-18cub150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G4/G3.5 compatibility

A friend recently upgraded to G4 and loaned me his old G3.5 to see if it would work on my computer.

This is still registered in his name so I cannot up date it on my computer.

The photo realistic fields are ok but the 3D fields glitch. will an update help?

I have a 3.8gh processor, 1gb ddr2 ram and a video card with 256mb ddr2 of dedicated ram, and running XP.

I wonted to get the G4 but I think that the 3.5 is all that my computer will run, sort of.

Should I go-ahead and by the g3.5 from my buddy and update it?

Should I consider a new mother-board with a duel processor or quad processor and get the G4?
Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Knight_74

Default RE: G4/G3.5 compatibility

You will have similar problems with G4. You didn't mention what type of video card you have.
Make sure you have the latest driver for it. You may also need to go into the sim settings and
turn off or down some of the 3d features. Its possible that your card isn't 100% compatable.
You usually see this show up in features such as smoke, and shadows.
Also, look at the help sections at knife edge, you may find more answers there.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Pa-18cub150

I have a MSI nx6200ax video card with the latest drivers, powered by NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Supercalar GPU with 2.1Gb’s data transfer, CineFX 3.0, Intellisample 3.0, UltraShadow II, DirectX 9.0, Shader model 3.0 and OpenGL 1.5 applications. I have no idea what all of this crap means I’m just reading what was on the box for the card I recently installed.

Lots of smoke, dropping drop tanks, and 130mph + planes also causes glitches.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:01 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its possable you don't have the latest upgrades from www.knifeedge.com I had the same problem with running certain planes that I downloaded from KE after the upgrade I will get a quick glitch at the beginning and then it smoothes out,I am also running the same card as you are.